Glock 19 vs. Glock 26 comparison

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bayougump

I'm not a smart man
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 23, 2013
    Ponchatoula
    What he said. I have both and I carry the 19 everyday in a tucked in dress shirt with an occasional tie. A fantastic instructor I know puts it this way, "carry as big a gun as you can". Kep the 26 unless you want to trade it to me for something and get the 19.

I got a FDE 19 yesterday, love the way it feels. I see myself carrying it just as much as I will 26. Would like to either find a FDE 17 to trade for my black 17 or just trade the FDE 19 and 26 I got for those 2 in black so whole family matches. I think the 19 was the best purchase I have ever made.

JBE

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    Welsh, LA
    I must be the odd man out on here, because the 19 just doesn't "fit" me well but I have no problems with the 17 or 26. :dunno:

bayougump

I'm not a smart man
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 23, 2013
    Ponchatoula
    Having one of each will probably cover most any situation .

Very true, I use 17 for competition shooting I am starting to participate in, 19 in the house and 26 conceal carry or vice versa. I must admit to that the 26 is harder to be as accurate but I feel practice is the remedy. I was surprised how easily it is to put the 19 in an IWB and not feel like it's way to big to carry concealed. I definitely would tell anyone looking to purchase their first Glock in 9mm to go with the 19 after getting mine yesterday.

josh62685

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 14, 2012
    houma, la
    I am waiting on my CCP but will wear my 26 just in my home every once a while to find a comfortable position and trying out different holsters. I borrowed a Kholster half moon and really like it at the 4:00 position. I just am starting to think the 19 would be easier to shoot and I would be more accurate even with range practice. Don't get me wrong I thoroughly love my 26 and got it because I had a 27 previously but with accuracy being paramount I wonder if 19 may be better choice right now, I was worried it would be much harder to conceal IWB but from everyone's opinion, concealing the 19 is no issues at all so to speak.

I traded my 19 for a 26. I loved the 19 but wanted the 26 for more comfort while carrying iwb beings the 19 has a longer barrel and slightly longer grip. As far as accuracy, i shoot just as good with either one.

03protege

#1 Stevel Spell II fan
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Mandeville
    I bought a FDE 19 today and I must say that I think it may be the best feeling gun to hold. It has found a great home next to my 17 & 26 and can't wait to shoot it. I can see now why it is truly a "staple" in any collection

:eek3: a block is the best feeling gun to hold? Say it ain't so!!!

It sounds like you now have a happy family with the 17, 19, and 26.

ktate

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    New Orleans
    I like the Glock 26 with a Glock 19 magazine. Fill the gap between the longer mag and the mag well with a sleeve from Xgrip. For occasions that require more concealement just go back to the stock G26 mag.

Attachments

• Xgrip on Glock 26.jpg
      Xgrip on Glock 26.jpg
      105.2 KB · Views: 99

kz45

1911 cool-aid drinker
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    I like the Glock 26 with a Glock 19 magazine. Fill the gap between the longer mag and the mag well with a sleeve from Xgrip. For occasions that require more concealement just go back to the stock G26 mag.

The part that's hardest to conceal is the grip and it's length, if I'm using a g19 mag I'm attaching a g19 to it

Bosco

We are the hammer
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Covington
    The part that's hardest to conceal is the grip and it's length, if I'm using a g19 mag I'm attaching a g19 to it

The difference is you have the option with the 26. You don't with the 19.

I had a 19 and while it was a good gun, it was too big to carry comfortably (for me). I ended up carrying my p238 all the time and never the 19. Picked up a 26 and it carries so much better. I'll give up a few rounds for the comfort and can always carry a 19 or 17 magazine as a backup. I can see the usefulness of putting a 19 mag in the 26 with that adapter if you didn't have anything bigger to keep around the house for home defense :dunno: Options are always good though.

03protege

#1 Stevel Spell II fan
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Mandeville

I had a 19 and while it was a good gun, it was too big to carry comfortably (for me). I ended up carrying my p238 all the time and never the 19. Picked up a 26 and it carries so much better. I'll give up a few rounds for the comfort and can always carry a 19 or 17 magazine as a backup. I can see the usefulness of putting a 19 mag in the 26 with that adapter if you didn't have anything bigger to keep around the house for home defense :dunno: Options are always good though.

***Warning not for the faint of heart****

hacksaw-1.jpg

+
    glock-19-guns-14515357-2560-1920.jpg

=
    glock_19_to_26-400x330.jpg

RoyL

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2012
    Youngsville, LA

While that is true, you lose 1/2 of barrel in the process, which means hotter loads and even more barrel flip. Lots of things to consider, but if you don't feel comfortable carrying a G19 then the 26 is a good answer.

Top Bottom