Glock 19 ?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rsmoree

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Mississippi
    I am thinking of getting my first Glock. A model 19 and I love to shoot 22 rimfire. Is there a conversion to easily swap a Glock 19 to shoot 22 rimfire? Thanks

Scottie

chad

Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Yes. Advantage Arms makes them but I don't think they are easy to come by.

IMO the Glock 19 is possibly the most versatile combative pistol on the market. It's reliability is second to none, and it's size makes it not only useful for range and self defense but also as a carry weapon.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    It is the best option if you want to shoot .22 ammunition from a G19. I prefer to shoot 9mm from a G19.

rsmoree

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Mississippi
    It is the best option if you want to shoot .22 ammunition from a G19. I prefer to shoot 9mm from a G19.

LOL. I shoot a lot of 22 as it is cheap. I have a range in my back yard and I can't afford to shoot 9 or larger to much. Thanks for the info. I looked at their web site but did not see any prices.

Scottie

chootem

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Lockport
    Is it any good?

I have one for my 30 and love it. Actually just ordered another magazine earlier for it. If you will just google it you can find other places that sell them. I would order at least one more magazine when you order the kit. Good luck!!

chootem

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Lockport
    The AA kit needs CCI Mini-Mags to run reliably. So, all that bulk-pack .22 you no doubt have laying around won't do you much good. Remington Golden Bullets are a possible exception... sometimes.

The kit itself costs around $300; with one magazine. Dunno what extra mags cost these days (and you must use theirs), but you will need two or three extras.

Extra mags are $25 from AA. I did find a couple places that had them at 20 but were out of stock.

deafdave3

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    The AA kit needs CCI Mini-Mags to run reliably. So, all that bulk-pack .22 you no doubt have laying around won't do you much good. Remington Golden Bullets are a possible exception... sometimes.

The kit itself costs around $300; with one magazine. Dunno what extra mags cost these days (and you must use theirs), but you will need two or three extras.

If the conversion kit cost THAT much, might as well just buy a Ruger or Bersa .22.

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    Yeah, I would certainly say that buying a glock is a good idea.

But for 300 bucks I would buy a 22 pistol/revolver and not the conversion kit. A walther p22 can be had for less than 300 and mine always worked well with bulk pack ammo.

chad

Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Yeah, I would certainly say that buying a glock is a good idea.

But for 300 bucks I would buy a 22 pistol/revolver and not the conversion kit. A walther p22 can be had for less than 300 and mine always worked well with bulk pack ammo.

This UNLESS he's doing it to train with that gun using cheaper ammo..

ericlosh

Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    Slidell LA
    Also, buy your g19 used off the forum, if for some crazy reason you dont like it, or you have to get rid of it, youll pretty much get what you paid for it. G19's might as well be made of gold here, and hey its an awesome gun.

Just a thought

leVieux

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    New Orleans
    Go ahead and get the G19.

Forget the "conversion"; if you want a .22, buy a whole pistol in .22.

The G19 is a wonderful all-around handgun. Easy to shoot & maintain, abundant accessories, easy to conceal, good firepower, rarely malfunctions with decent ammo, and keeps value.

Everyone should have a GLOCK 19. Or, more than one.

leVieux

rsmoree

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Mississippi
    He might be trying to continue to get the "feel" and trigger of his lower, so for some people the 22LR upper is indeed the way to go

This is kind of my idea. I have as far as I am concerned the 2 best 22 pistols you can buy already. I have a Ruger Mark 3 Hunter with the fluted barrel with crimson trace grips that I shoot weekly and use the laser for coon hunting at night. The laser grips for coon hunting is the best invention since sliced bread in my opinion. I also have a S & W 22 revolver on the 617 K frame (I think this is the correct model #) anyway it looks like a 357 but is a 22. I had a trigger job done and it shoots like a dream. I just did not want to buy a Glock and decide to get a 22 conversion for it later to find out I bought one that this was not possible to convert. I am green on Glocks and have a lot to learn. Thanks for the input.

Scottie

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Cognac.cal
    Top Bottom