Glock 23 vs 27

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VoidSpawn

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 26, 2008
    Slidell, LA.
    Fellow BSr's. I need some input here... I currently have a Glock 23 and love it. Herein lies my predicament...

I am 5'9'' and run a good 255 lbs. Due to the weight issue, I have had off and on lower back pain for many years. I CCW my G23 OWB as I can't get my IWB rig comfortable enough to wear. After doing a fair amount of internet research, many swear by the G27's ease of concealment compared to the G23 and lighter weight on the belt without much of an increase in recoil (arthritis in hands).

Here is my question... I can't afford to keep the 23 and buy a 27. I have a Ruger LCP that I find myself CCWing more than the Glock due to the weight and I find it (the G23) harder to conceal. I may can swing trading the Ruger + cash for the 27 as I would also like to consolidate down to 1 caliber and 1 primary firearm. The LCP is great for those times when absolute concealment is a must, but I may be willing to consider that as an option.

In this situation, would you swap the 23 for a 27, or try to get a decent amount for the LCP and save some pennies to have both?

Thanks for the input!

Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Search "G19 vs G26" and you'll probably find a lot of earlier input.

That said, it's relative to how you define "absolute concealment" and how often you'll require it.

If even once you'll go unarmed because you ditched the LCP, don't do the deal.

That said, one of the last considerations I make is "concealability". A little printing here and there is NOT going to make a difference, unless you're violating some work policy or something along those lines. The same can be said for "comfort", although I do understand that certain medical and physical conditions can turn "comfort" into "health" as it applies to this discussion.

Finally, if you're concerned with recoil-- ditch the .40 entirely. I'd bet dimes to dollars that you'd be more effective with a 9mm anyway, in terms of shots on target at speed. I'm not familiar with the "curb weights" of the G19/G26 in comparison to the G23/G27, but I'd imagine you might shed a few ounces of weight as well-- while picking up a little bit of capacity.

VoidSpawn

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 26, 2008
    Slidell, LA.
    Thanks for the input. My issue isn't a recoil issue, but a concealment issue. If it's lighter and easier to conceal, then I will carry it more and not look to the LCP because I "need" to.

GOAT

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Aug 5, 2011
    New Orleans
    I have te g23 and picked up the subcompact version of it and I did not like how much smaller it is. I believe the 23 is perfect for my hand and body type. I am 5'9" and 170 but I don't CC, I just walk it back and forth to my truck since the majority of time I am on campus and when not I am carrying back to the house.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bbroussard
    Top Bottom