GLOCK 30 with a Glock 21 barrel

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    I did that and it does fit and cycle, although I have not fired it that way.

I'm curious if any one else had tried it, you know to see if it's safe.....

3/4" hanging out shouldn't be a problem. Hell I don't even know if it would be worth it. Velocity should increase but maybe not enough to speak of.

Do you honestly think that whatever tiny increase in muzzle velocity gained by the longer barrel will in anyway be worth the clamity caused by being the cause of blowing a couple of ones own fingers off? I mean really what is your theory about how at most 50 or 100 fps are gonna make it more effective? Save the money buy ammo and training and make you more effective then you wont care about adding 3/4" of extra barrel.

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    most, if not all, of the accuracy differences between small and large frame pistols is probably due to the difference in site radius and to a lesser extent, grip size.

I know that minute changes in sight alignment are more readily apparent on my g17 than on my g26, and the 17 is more secure with its full grip.

That is speaking in terms of strictly target shooting. If you are more concerned about a fighting pistol, the larger frame will absorb recoil better for better control on followups.

They both have their place, practice practice and your small frame will be just as deadly

Top Bottom