Glock 35 gen 3 barrels and muzzle brakes

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bayoujaeger

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 23, 2013
    baton rouge, LA
    I am wanting to change the barrel on my glock 35 to help reduce flip. I was thinking of buying a lone wolf threaded barrel and add a muzzle brake.
    Anyone have any suggestions on ways to reduce muzzle flip and improve accuracy in my Gen 3 35 other than changing barrels or any suggestions on which barrels to look into getting and which muzzle brakes? Would I be better off just buying a ported barrel? I've added a stainless guide rod and new spring already but thinking about going to an extended tungsten guide rod but want to try a new barrel set up before I buy anymore springs.:confused:

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Gotcha. And what kind of ammo are you shooting?

I personally wouldn't go changing barrels yet. If you plan on getting into competition you have to keep in mind what division you'd be put in if you had a ported barrel or comp. Best bet is to learn the gun with minimal modifcations and possibly some lighter loads if the muzzle flip is a real problem. Someone more involved with the competition stuff could certainly answer better in regards to ammo selection and tuning the gun to run flatter. Unless you're married to .40S&W, the G34 might not be a bad idea if the muzzle flip continues to bother you, especially if you plan on competing.

jwglock

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 28, 2011
    Ponchatoula, LA
    Proper grip and grip strength are the best ways to control muzzle flip. After that some lighter loads combined with a lighter recoil spring. If you reload that's easy. If not, you may want to look into another caliber as others have said.

As far as competition goes,(USPSA) the G35 fits well into limited and production division (with light reloads). Neither of these will allow compensators. The only division that will allow compensators is open and everyone in open is shooting either REALLY hot 9mm or .38 super. The smaller lighter bullet at higher velocity works the comp much more efficiently. Plus open has a mag length limit and you can fit a lot more 9mm or .38's in the given length.

All that being said I would shoot it as is and learn to control the recoil yourself or start with a more suitable platform if you want a compensated pistol. If competition isn't a concern and you still want to put a comp on your 35 look at SJC Customs or Carver. It will help reduce muzzle flip, just won't be a very good fit in any USPSA divisions.

bayoujaeger

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 23, 2013
    baton rouge, LA
    I think I may just invest in a 34 or get a 9mm conversion for practice and plinking. I've really just gotten into handgun shooting within the last year and a half so any competition would be a little further down the road and after quite a bit more rounds down the range.

Jwglock your right grip is something I need to work on i always start out hitting bullseye up to 20 yds but after a while I'm low and to the right and end up over correcting myself but i will start another thread on that.

Thanks.

Top Bottom