Glock 42 problems?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Devilneck

S&W Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2011
    Slidell
    I was doing a little reading and came across this:
    http://thegunwriter.blogs.heraldtribune.com/15882/more-glock-42-problems-reported/

Is anyone here having similar problems? This article started out with a bad barrel, and many of the replies refer to issues with FTF, slide lockback, trigger reset and so forth.

A short snippet from the article:
    I first tried to email the firm. Evidently, other folks are trying to get their questions answered too, as this pop-up jumped out when I went to their contact form: “We are currently receiving very high email volume through the Contact Us form. We are working to address all inquiries as fast as possible, and we appreciate your understanding in any delay you might experience.”

I have several Glocks, but not this model, so I was surprised to see this.

kingfhb

NRA & USCCA INST. w/ LSP#
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 28, 2014
    New Orleans, LA
    I've put close to 1500 rounds through my 42... never had a single issue.

I did some slight modifications to it though...

1. NDZ Performance Extended Magazine Release
    2. Vickers Tactical Extended Slide Stop Release
    3. Ghost +2 Magazine Extensions on 5 magazines
    4. Galloway Precision Performance Spring Kit
    5. Ghost Edge Trigger Connector
    6. NDZ Performance Billet Grip Frame Plug
    7. G42 Clipdraw
    8. XS Big Dot Night Sights

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    The only problem that I've ever had with a Glock, is the shooter. I'm not saying they have perfect QC or every Glock is perfect, but I've never experienced any problems.

That being said, I've yet to put rounds through a 42, so take my opinion with a grain of salt, I suppose.

Devilneck

S&W Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2011
    Slidell
    I have several Glocks also, a 20, 21, 23. I'm not trying to bash Glock with the thread, just wondering if anyone is experiencing the same issues discussed in the article I found. Thanks.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I have several Glocks also, a 20, 21, 23. I'm not trying to bash Glock with the thread, just wondering if anyone is experiencing the same issues discussed in the article I found. Thanks.

Oh no, don't worry, I wasn't saying you were bashing Glocks. What I meant was that the articles author may have caused the malfunctions. Not all guns like to eat the same ammo. Not all guns behave the same. I found his original "story" and decided to read it as well. It seems as if he has heard of complaints, so he took it upon himself to research it.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    I bought my wife one, took it out and it had a few jams, FTF,fte.... I couldn't figure it out, added the mag extension plus "0" for a full grip and fixed the problem, I'm thinking she was limp wristing it, or maybe she didn't have enough leverage on the bottom of the gun to give a firm grip to allow the gun to function with full recoil ... Idk but it fixes the problem ....

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    Expescially with a glock !!! Lol

QUOTE=DAVE_M;1474307]Which backs up my point. I usually blame it on the shooter when they have "malfunctions."

[/QUOTE]

MrLefty

Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Gonzales, LA
    Ever since the Gen4 debacle, people are a little wary of Glock's new releases. I saw a decent amount of people reporting problems when the 42 first came to market, but it seems that whatever initial issues there were have been rectified.

I wouldn't worry about it. Even if you did happen to have trouble, Glock should take care of it.

Top Bottom