Glock 9-40 Convert

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bearco

Instructor
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Covington
    I would guess no, b/c of the outside barrel diameter. I did a quick check over at Lone Wolf and did not see a barrel for 9mm --> 40.

Turn Key

Stuck up North
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    BearIT is correct.

The 9mm Glock's are not able to accept larger barrels. This is why it's better to buy the .40SW models. With that platform your Glock is capable of shooting three calibers, 9mm - 40SW & .357Sig.

You'll need to buy 9mm magazines along with the 40-9 conversion barrel using a 40 caliber Glock. But going to .357Sig only the conversion barrel is necessary because the 40 magazines will accept the .357Sig cartridge.

Turn Key

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I would guess no, b/c of the outside barrel diameter. I did a quick check over at Lone Wolf and did not see a barrel for 9mm --> 40.

Correct, the OD of the .40 barrel is .020 larger than the OD of the 9mm barrel.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    BearIT is correct.

The 9mm Glock's are not able to accept larger barrels. This is why it's better to buy the .40SW models. With that platform your Glock is capable of shooting three calibers, 9mm - 40SW & .357Sig.

You'll need to buy 9mm magazines along with the 40-9 conversion barrel using a 40 caliber Glock. But going to .357Sig only the conversion barrel is necessary because the 40 magazines will accept the .357Sig cartridge.

Turn Key

This. And the Lone Wolf barrels work great in my Glock 22....Never had any issues.

paddle007

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Covington
    I always think of the Glock as convertable to a smaller caliber but not a larger. The exception may be the 45 acp.,it can run in 10mm with a simple barrel swap if it does not have the early extractor.

Top Bottom