Glock crew: What's your laser/tac light setup?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • D0NNY

That guy
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Houma, La
    I'm only curious since the Glock Tactical light seems to get pretty poor reviews. It's not terrible, but it's not that bright at all. And I don't see any reason to use a halogen bulb in a day of age where LED setups are productin more lumens and are more efficient battery wise.So I'm really curious about the different options out there. Ideally, I'd love to stay under $200, so I'm leaning towards the Crimson Trace grip..

Given that and the cost of a decent tactical light, it seems that considering a laser set up is just as viable.

I really only intend to have my gun be a 'range' gun, but I'd love to have something like a tac light or laser in the event that someoen thinks sneaking in a window of my hosue is a good idea. I figure either/both would do well to make the perp think otherwise..

Also, do people ever sell these used or have one they want to sell used :x:?

thanks in advance.

D0NNY

That guy
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Houma, La
    Yeah, I've seen that the surefires are pretty much the gold standard in buying a tac light, do those mount to the glocks rail? I really want to consider one, but at $250, I'd want to look around for other LED options.

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    I am issued a duty weapon now, but before I carried a G17 with a Streamlight M6 laser/light combo. I have put about 3000 rounds through that rig with the combo on it, and it has functioned flawlessley.

I am not allowed to carry a light mounted weapon on duty now, so that rig has become the nightstand rig backed-up by a Surefire 6P.

I hear great things about the TLR series, and while i have never fired a weapon with one mounted, I have fondled them and they seem like solid systems. I have only heard good things about them. The next weapon mounted light I but will be LED. In fact, I only buy LED lights now because they are more durable, brighter, and the technology is ever-growing.

I just purchased 32 Streamlight Stinger DS LED lights for my traffic guys. This is a full-size duty belt light, and it is amazing. I carry at least 2 lights on me at all times.

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    I am not allowed to carry a light mounted weapon on duty now

blasphemy! Thankfully we dont only approve weapon lights, we issue them. My TLR1 is mine though, since I dont have an issue gun. My fiance's gun wears one as well.

I love the LED Stinger, but I recently dropped from my duty belt for a Fenix PD30. Brighter and a half pound lighter. I lost the stinger's dual role as impact weapon, but so far I'm ok with that. At work I have 3 handheld lights, a pistol mounted light, and a rifle mounted light all in arms reach. I hung around LSP972 too long and became a flashlight whore.

Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    blasphemy! Thankfully we dont only approve weapon lights, we issue them. My TLR1 is mine though, since I dont have an issue gun. My fiance's gun wears one as well.

I love the LED Stinger, but I recently dropped from my duty belt for a Fenix PD30. Brighter and a half pound lighter. I lost the stinger's dual role as impact weapon, but so far I'm ok with that. At work I have 3 handheld lights, a pistol mounted light, and a rifle mounted light all in arms reach. I hung around LSP972 too long and became a flashlight whore.

That man is just an all-around nuisance!;) :rofl:

D0NNY

That guy
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Houma, La
    Oh wow, those TLR-1s are pretty reasonably priced! What's their Lumens output?

EDIT: 135 :eek3:

not bad!

Last edited:

whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    I have LaserMax lasers in two of my Glocks. I never use them but I bought one for my G22 and my G31 I bought from a friend had one in it already. I have been thinking about getting a light for one of my Glocks but have just not got around to it yet.

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    Problem with the TLR-1 is it used to be bright as hell... then I modified a 6P and some G2's and brought some Fenix lights. Now its not bright enough. (damn you lsp)

LouisianaCarry

Tactibilly
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 14, 2007
    Keithville
    I have a GTL10 Glock light for my spare G30.

I keep a Lasermax internal guide rod laser in my carry gun.

Surefire X300 is the best weaponlight you can buy, but mine is on my AR at the moment. If you wait a little while, they are coming out with an X400, which will have a laser built in. If you want one thing that mounts to a rail, that is the way to go, without question, cost aside.

tunatuk

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 30, 2007
    Ascension Parish
    Streamlight Stinger. Held in off hand.

Weapon lights are a no-no where I work. They won't even let you carry it on your belt if you personally purchase it.

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    I've been considering the Insight XTI Procyon for a while now. Anyone have any opinions on it?

I love the TLR-1, I used to carry a X-200 on duty and I know believe the Procyon is the industry pace setter. It has far and away the best switch.

asianak

Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Streamlight TLR-1 FTW! I got mine off of optics planet for right at $100. It is bright as hell! It out shines my LED maglite without a doubt. I attached some pics of my TLR1 on my glock

Attachments

• Gifts for the Guns 004.jpg
      Gifts for the Guns 004.jpg
      96.2 KB · Views: 87
    • Gifts for the Guns 011.jpg
      Gifts for the Guns 011.jpg
      83.9 KB · Views: 77

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member