GLOCK Day and Sale at Jefferson Gun this weekend

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bryanbag

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Prairieville, LA
    GLOCK DAYS - Special Event!!! June 9,10,11 ONLY!
    Special Sales only available during this event!
    Come see the latest models from Glock!
    FREE GLock live-fire trials on our range!
    (Friday & Saturday only. Must be 21 with valid photo ID).

GLOCK Giveaway
    Buy a Glock during this event, and get entered to win a New Gen3 Glock 19!
    (Drawing will be held 5pm Sunday 6/11/17, 1 entry per Glock pistol purchased, must be 21 to win, winner need not be present.
    Glock Sale 1.jpg
    Glock Sale 2.jpg

bryanbag

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Prairieville, LA
    Just passing along the info I received. Haven't been over to Jefferson Gun in a long while. Guess there prices are a little higher than the average shop.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    They usually sell their glocks for 599 so it's cheaper than what they usually price them at but can definitely be found cheaper online. Then again that goes for just about any brick and mortar gun shop

bryanbag

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Prairieville, LA
    ^^^ Very true on the brick & mortar shop.
    I'm still going to go.
    Haven't been to the new range since they have open it. Plus I have a GSSF Coupon.
    Hopefully I can still be able to register for the free glock drawing using the bigger discount of the GSSF Coupon.

kingfhb

NRA & USCCA INST. w/ LSP#
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 28, 2014
    New Orleans, LA
    They usually sell their glocks for 599 so it's cheaper than what they usually price them at but can definitely be found cheaper online. Then again that goes for just about any brick and mortar gun shop

The first statement here is incorrect.

For example...

A Stock Glock 17 Gen4 MSRP is $649. Normal every-day price would be around $569 (not $599) so $539 is about $110 off MSRP and about $30 off of what the every-day price is. I can't deny it can be found cheaper online... which is the case for anything you purchase in a brick and mortar store as compared to online... however, with shipping, taxes, transfer fees, etc. it adds up... and yes I get that everyone knows someone who spent the money and did all the paperwork for an FFL, doesn't want to make any money from it and can do their transfer for next to nothing and won't charge them a transfer fee. (<-- sarcasm). Oh, and just as a comparison, Academy sells the G17 Gen4 for $569 everyday also. Cabelas, G17 Gen4 -- $589 ON SALE, $649 Everyday price... so, again... pretty comparable pricing.

Bottom line, the Glock Days sale at JGO has some good deals, especially on the used Glocks. Not to mention you can shoot for free, get some freebies, win a Glock, etc. You can also get some night sights added for only $75 and installed for free!

Hope you all can stop by!

Last edited:

kingfhb

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 28, 2014
    New Orleans, LA
    ^^^ Very true on the brick & mortar shop.
    I'm still going to go.
    Haven't been to the new range since they have open it. Plus I have a GSSF Coupon.
    Hopefully I can still be able to register for the free glock drawing using the bigger discount of the GSSF Coupon.

I'm not 100% sure, but purchasing a Glock using your GSSF coupon would more than likely be less than the marked sale (I would think, but I don't have the pricing in front of me). The sale isn't a percentage off across the board... the firearms are individually discounted.

bryanbag

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Prairieville, LA
    I'm not 100% sure, but purchasing a Glock using your GSSF coupon would more than likely be less than the marked sale (I would think, but I don't have the pricing in front of me). The sale isn't a percentage off across the board... the firearms are individually discounted.

Typicaly Blue Label / GSSF Glock have pretty good discount compared to sale pricing.

View attachment gssf_pistol_purchase_program_information.pdf

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    The first statement here is incorrect.

For example...

A Stock Glock 17 Gen4 MSRP is $649. Normal every-day price would be around $569 (not $599) so $539 is about $110 off MSRP and about $30 off of what the every-day price is. I can't deny it can be found cheaper online... which is the case for anything you purchase in a brick and mortar store as compared to online... however, with shipping, taxes, transfer fees, etc. it adds up... and yes I get that everyone knows someone who spent the money and did all the paperwork for an FFL, doesn't want to make any money from it and can do their transfer for next to nothing and won't charge them a transfer fee. (<-- sarcasm). Oh, and just as a comparison, Academy sells the G17 Gen4 for $569 everyday also. Cabelas, G17 Gen4 -- $589 ON SALE, $649 Everyday price... so, again... pretty comparable pricing.

Bottom line, the Glock Days sale at JGO has some good deals, especially on the used Glocks. Not to mention you can shoot for free, get some freebies, win a Glock, etc. You can also get some night sights added for only $75 and installed for free!

Hope you all can stop by!

$539 was the everyday price for most standard Glocks in stores where they are not "Marked UP". Rather than use the marked up prices of Cabela's or Bass Pro try the every day prices at Academy and many other stores. Maybe Glocks have gone up in price since I purchased one.

Last edited:

Brawny

lol
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 3, 2015
    Anderson, SC
    We're all ignoring the elephant in the room. There is no reason why a Glock should cost $500 anyway. It's a 350 dollar gun day in and day out. Especially in light of the fact that 90% of glock buyers get aftermarket sights and many get an aftermarket trigger.

kingfhb

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 28, 2014
    New Orleans, LA
    $539 was the everyday price for most standard Glocks in stores where they are not "Marked UP". Rather than use the marked up prices of Cabela's or Bass Pro try the every day prices at Academy and many other stores. Maybe Glocks have gone up in price since I purchased one.

As I mentioned in what you quoted...

Glock 17 Gen4

ACADEMY - $569
    CABELAS - $589
    JGO - $569 (ON SALE THIS WEEKEND FOR $539, EVERYDAY PRICE is $569)

Just for the sake of checking I looked at a couple more...
    BUDS - $546
    BASS PRO SHOPS - $599
    GUNSAMERICA - $539
    GLOCKMEISTER - $539

So even on those that are the same as what the sale price is for JGO's Glock Day... You need to account for shipping, transfer fees, etc. on top of that... and you get it from JGO TODAY... not a week from now.

We're all ignoring the elephant in the room. There is no reason why a Glock should cost $500 anyway. It's a 350 dollar gun day in and day out. Especially in light of the fact that 90% of glock buyers get aftermarket sights and many get an aftermarket trigger.

Brawny, "WE'RE" not ignoring the elephant at all... Unfortunately, for "official" retailers... GLOCK sets the minimum anyone can charge for a new Glock firearm (again, GLOCK sets the minimum price) and there's more to it than just saying "its' a $350 firearm". I personally feel the same way... but that goes for everything we buy... Sneakers, Clothing, etc. Anything with a name brand stamped on it, we know we're paying more for. Do you think I want to pay $120 for a rear BUIS sight that I know was made for about $3 just because it has a specific name on it? Of course not and that's why I don't. Unfortunately we all can't just buy a Glock without Sights and a Trigger... but nothing is stopping you from building it up yourself with the specs you want. Hell, take it a step further and mill your own firearm entirely... or buy a Timberwolf Frame... or an 80% frame and make your own altogether with the trigger, slide, sights, etc. that you want.

Also you need to factor in that (for B&M stores anyway), buildings, electricity, employees, insurance, security monitoring, etc. all cost money my brother. Then there's that whole thing about a business needing to be profitable... but that literally comes last.

Last edited:

Brawny

lol
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 3, 2015
    Anderson, SC
    As I mentioned in what you quoted...

Glock 17 Gen4

ACADEMY - $569
    CABELAS - $589
    JGO - $569 (ON SALE THIS WEEKEND FOR $539, EVERYDAY PRICE is $569)

Just for the sake of checking I looked at a couple more...
    BUDS - $546
    BASS PRO SHOPS - $599
    GUNSAMERICA - $539
    GLOCKMEISTER - $539

So even on those that are the same as what the sale price is for JGO's Glock Day... You need to account for shipping, transfer fees, etc. on top of that... and you get it from JGO TODAY... not a week from now.

Brawny, "WE'RE" not ignoring the elephant at all... Unfortunately, for "official" retailers... GLOCK sets the minimum anyone can charge for a new Glock firearm (again, GLOCK sets the minimum price) and there's more to it than just saying "its' a $350 firearm". I personally feel the same way... but that goes for everything we buy... Sneakers, Clothing, etc. Anything with a name brand stamped on it, we know we're paying more for. Do you think I want to pay $120 for a rear BUIS sight that I know was made for about $3 just because it has a specific name on it? Of course not and that's why I don't. Unfortunately we all can't just buy a Glock without Sights and a Trigger... but nothing is stopping you from building it up yourself with the specs you want. Hell, take it a step further and mill your own firearm entirely... or buy a Timberwolf Frame... or an 80% frame and make your own altogether with the trigger, slide, sights, etc. that you want.

Also you need to factor in that (for B&M stores anyway), buildings, electricity, employees, insurance, security monitoring, etc. all cost money my brother. Then there's that whole thing about a business needing to be profitable... but that literally comes last.

I was not crying over the price. It is what the market bears and as you noted the manufacturer dictates. All I'm saying is that we're quibbling over 50 bucks here and there when every single glock ever produced commands a price beyond its scope. But we pay it because it's a glock. The same as in almost every other transaction we participate in. Such is life

velociraptor

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    Greater New Orleans Area
    IMO the real elephant in the room is that gun owners think every new firearm is a $399 or less value... unless of course they are selling it...then the same firearm is a $1,200 firearm marked down to $600. The 5,000 rounds down the bore adds value to it because it shows it is reliable an "Broken in".

bryanbag

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Prairieville, LA
    WOW. Didn't expect all of this. I was just passing along info and help a local shop out.

Everybody claim they want to help the local shop out and when the time come that a local shop is having a sale to show their appreciation for their customers by having a Glock day with giveaways, free food, drinks and snacks and even raffle off a chance for a free firearm. People bitch and complain the sale prices aren't as good a online.

Yes, Typically brick and mortar shops are going to be a little higher than your average big box store and online retailers. They have the volume buying ability to get a bigger discount than you typical brick and mortar shop. This doesn't make them the bad guy.
    Yea, I could go online and get a Glock 17 or any other firearm for anywhere from $20 to $50 buck cheaper. Now you have shipping cost and transfer fee. (Ok, some know somebody with and FFL or you're in good with an owner of a shop and will not charge you. That's great, good for you) not everybody has that access, and on top of that, you have to wait 1,2,3 day depending where you are.
    Now you're in the price range of what it would have cost you if you would have gone into a brick and mortar shop.

Or is this because it was a Glock and not another mid to upper $500 Smith- M&P or Springer XD series better yet a $1200. Springer TRP or Kimber or $2000 Wilson Combat or even a $3500 Nighthawk.

Or was it because it was Jefferson Gun Outlet. Previously known as (Shooters Club)

I just don't get it.

kingfhb

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 28, 2014
    New Orleans, LA
    WOW. Didn't expect all of this. I was just passing along info and help a local shop out.

Everybody claim they want to help the local shop out and when the time come that a local shop is having a sale to show their appreciation for their customers by having a Glock day with giveaways, free food, drinks and snacks and even raffle off a chance for a free firearm. People bitch and complain the sale prices aren't as good a online.

Yes, Typically brick and mortar shops are going to be a little higher than your average big box store and online retailers. They have the volume buying ability to get a bigger discount than you typical brick and mortar shop. This doesn't make them the bad guy.
    Yea, I could go online and get a Glock 17 or any other firearm for anywhere from $20 to $50 buck cheaper. Now you have shipping cost and transfer fee. (Ok, some know somebody with and FFL or you're in good with an owner of a shop and will not charge you. That's great, good for you) not everybody has that access, and on top of that, you have to wait 1,2,3 day depending where you are.
    Now you're in the price range of what it would have cost you if you would have gone into a brick and mortar shop.

Or is this because it was a Glock and not another mid to upper $500 Smith- M&P or Springer XD series better yet a $1200. Springer TRP or Kimber or $2000 Wilson Combat or even a $3500 Nighthawk.

Or was it because it was Jefferson Gun Outlet. Previously known as (Shooters Club)

I just don't get it.

I agree with you and I don't get it either. However, Velociraptor makes a very good point.

Just so everyone knows though, Jefferson Gun Outlet isn't previously known as "Shooter's Club". The original Jefferson Gun Outlet was located on David Drive where Mano's Poyboys currently is located. The Shooters Club is located on Hickory Ave in River Ridge. Jefferson Gun moved to a new location near the corner of airline and david and is now Jefferson Gun Outlet and Jefferson Indoor Range. Shooter's Club Still exists in River Ridge... They are all three owned and operated by the same person.

As far as the Glock Days sale... it was a good discount, plus the inexpensive Police Trade ins, the giveaway, etc. BUT, Glock really didn't do it up like Smith & Wesson did when they were there for the Smith Days sale... Glock only brought four firearms where Smith brought the kitchen sink... rifles and all. I was disappointed (with Glock!)... JGO really did a great job... served pizza, gave away T-Shirts, installed night sights for free, etc.

Last edited:

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    Just so everyone knows though, Jefferson Gun Outlet isn't previously known as "Shooter's Club". The original Jefferson Gun Outlet was located on David Drive where Mano's Poyboys currently is located. The Shooters Club is located on Hickory Ave in River Ridge. Jefferson Gun moved to a new location near the corner of airline and david and is now Jefferson Gun Outlet and Jefferson Indoor Range. Shooter's Club Still exists in River Ridge... They are all three owned and operated by the same person.

Pretty sure the original store on David dr was named the Shooters club. When the range opened on Hickory it took the name Shooters club and the name of the David dr store changed to Jefferson Gun Outlet. Then it moved to Airline dr.

TheMole68

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 12, 2015
    Metairie, LA
    I dropped in on Friday, the store staff was helpful, got into a random conversation with staff and some customers, burnt someone else's ammo out of the rmr equipped G19, and had a good time.
    Thanks to JGO and the Glock sales rep.

kingfhb

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 28, 2014
    New Orleans, LA
    Pretty sure the original store on David dr was named the Shooters club. When the range opened on Hickory it took the name Shooters club and the name of the David dr store changed to Jefferson Gun Outlet. Then it moved to Airline dr.

not 100%... but good enough. You're correct.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom