Glock extended Slide Release for $39.95

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jmknox

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 11, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I went to a Baton Rouge retailer looking for an extended slide release, They had one. I asked how much, so the employee went to scan it. He said $39.95! I said no thank you and left!

These are available online for around $15, I was willing to pay $25 to have it today, but charging $39.95 is just ridiculous. That is why I hate shopping local.

I had previously purchased a small part for another Glock for $5, that is normally about $.50.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I have them in stock and was at La. Gun with them Today. I will be at Cabela's with them tomorrow. If you still need one let me know. They were on back order and I waited three months for these but I have installed seven in the past week. They will not last long.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I went to a Baton Rouge retailer looking for an extended slide release, They had one. I asked how much, so the employee went to scan it. He said $39.95! I said no thank you and left!

These are available online for around $15, I was willing to pay $25 to have it today, but charging $39.95 is just ridiculous. That is why I hate shopping local.

I had previously purchased a small part for another Glock for $5, that is normally about $.50.

That part ordered alone is $16.95 and UPS shipping is $12.95 for a non FFL.($28.90 cost)

It would cost an FFL $12.71 before shipping.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    The shipping cost on the package I received from Lone Wolf yesterday was $14.15, I use UPS rather than Snail Mail. When customers want a part they want it now.

jmknox

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 11, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I love LWD, have a ton of stuff from them. I just wanted the extended slide release this weekend. I was already planning on ordering a bunch of stuff from them. They are 14.95. I will add one on to my order.

jmknox

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 11, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    And what creative reasoning is used to justify THAT legal rape???:rolleyes:

I assume this is from Glock? I ordered some pieces/parts from LWD, and shipping for the whole good-sized box was about nine bucks.

Thirteen dollars for a half-ounce part that small? Right...

+1

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I maintain $1000 to $1500 in small Glock parts most of the time and do not like to wait on Snail Mail if a customer needs a part. I am too impatient for that.

James

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I love LWD, have a ton of stuff from them. I just wanted the extended slide release this weekend. I was already planning on ordering a bunch of stuff from them. They are 14.95. I will add one on to my order.

I need to use your computer, mine tells me $16.95 plus shipping.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Well, I wasn't insinuating that YOU were "raping" folks on the shipping. You don't set the rates.

But thirteen bux to ship something that small, UNLESS it was Second-Day Air or Blue Label, is simply larcenous.

When I received the last XL slide stops they had been on back order for three months and I wanted them ASAP as I had customers on a waiting list so I paid a premium for shipping. I installed them in customers guns for $25 each. After shipping and my gas going to them I lost funds but I am trying to keep a good working relationship with my established customers.

I sold a gun yesterday to a good repeat buyer for what I had in it after all transfer fees as he had been waiting also. He got a great deal and I expect more business and referrals from him. It will all balance out in the wash.

James

40caloldtimer

I can hit the orange.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    Burnside, LA
    generally every kind of retail merchandise is much much cheaper on the internet especially if you know where to look. I agree and fully support my local gunshop and range but I do not buy much from either. I have just used their gunsmiths!

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I thought you weren't supposed to use a slide release on a glock? It's only purpose was to be a slide lock.

Slide Lock and Slide Stop are two different parts of a Glock.
    Neither are used to release the slide if used properly.

Top Bottom