Glock grip enhancements

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • optiic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Prairieville
    Any first hand accounts of good 3rd gen glock grip improvements? I'm looking to get more traction and grip. I've used the A-grip on my XD's and found it to be less then durable. I'm also looking for something that won't tear into me while carrying. It looks like 'trugrip' is durable but much to abrasive for ccw.

Any thoughts?

lilmoose0

Crack don't smoke it self
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 3, 2007
    Thibodaux
    For a weapon you may stake your life on, I don't recomend adding any glue-on, or slip over grips.

I sanded/grinded off the finger grooves and stippled that grip with a soldering iron. If you put something between your side and the grip (ie and under-shirt) you'll never notice the difference. Since this is a permanent mod you may want to try one that someone else has done for fit and function.

YMMV.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I wanted a better grip on my G34 so I purchased a G22RTF2 and swapped frames. Now I need to shoot it.

ChordsBail

Glock and BHP nuff said
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Gonzales, LA
    Those little pyramids do look nice picked up the glock magazine this weekend!!! Now where can I just buy the 22rtf2??? No swapping for me I love the full size and compact size .40 Glocks!!! Anyone know of a shop in New Orleans or Baton Rouge with a couple in stock????

Barney88PDC

SEND IT
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Hogue Handall works good for me. I have long fingers and it made the grip just a little bit bigger which fit my hand better. It does not move on the gun and works good for me. Better traction than the plastic frame also. I do not even notice it is on me. I carry in an IWB against my skin with no irritation.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Hogue Handall works good for me. I have long fingers and it made the grip just a little bit bigger which fit my hand better. It does not move on the gun and works good for me. Better traction than the plastic frame also. I do not even notice it is on me. I carry in an IWB against my skin with no irritation.

They worked for me until I shot in the summer heat. Wet with sweat they felt slippery. Shot recently with the RTF2 frame on the G34 and it felt great.

Pure Luck

Yes it is loaded
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    Lafayette
    Ok, you got me confused... you want more grip for shooting but want it more comfortable to carry (next to skin??)

I have 'grip tape' on my IPSC G35 but I would not want that next to my skin.....but it would be the best grip for me if my hands were wet, muddy, bloody or otherwise not dry.

What texture are you looking to get? Too much texture will not feel good next to the skin, as well as it will catch on cover garments. Have you tried something as simple as a tire tube from a Mt bike (some have great results puting slits in the tube)? it is smooth but somewhat 'tacky'....

A big part of CCW is to have the best compromise in weapons to defend your life with. After all, a pistol is a really poor choice if you knew you were going to a gun fight. So it comes down to a compromise of grip and comfort.....
    CCW is comforting not comfortable ;)

Last edited:
    Top Bottom