GLOCK mag +2 ext problems

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dishonored

Hunter
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    It was extension problems. Here is a copy of his OP
    Returningliberty:
    Hey guys, I started a new stipple project! It's my old Gen4 34 frame, going to make it into a Limited frame.

And now, my arredondo problems. I ordered this + 5 kit a few days ago, loaded them up today, performed One reload, and the damn sleeve cracked! Sent round all over the place and my spring/follower flying.

I am extremely unhappy...

attachment.php

dixiejarhead

Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    NOLA/Northshore!
    It was extension problems. Here is a copy of his OP
    Returningliberty:
    Hey guys, I started a new stipple project! It's my old Gen4 34 frame, going to make it into a Limited frame.

And now, my arredondo problems. I ordered this + 5 kit a few days ago, loaded them up today, performed One reload, and the damn sleeve cracked! Sent round all over the place and my spring/follower flying.

I am extremely unhappy...

attachment.php

That's ugly. Hopefully he sent them back for a replacement or refund. Looks like a faulty molding. I have a few of the older machined aluminum types that are awesome on the mags and never a problem.

Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Both Dave and Robin make solid products. Though I've never used them personally for a Glock, I have no doubt that they will be top notch. The Taylor Freelance pads I have for my M&P are stellar, and thanks to Midway being complete morons, I've had to deal with the man directly-- with nothing but grins and thumbs up to report.

The Arredondo pads are typically touted to be high quality for the Glock. They are an absolute nightmare for the M&P. Subsequently, I wouldn't own either-- but I'm surprised to see one crack so soon/easily. I know of quite a few that have taken a severe beating and never sputtered.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Very early extensions lacked various features that are standard on newer ones. There should be a locking tab on each side of the extension as well as the interior locking insert already mentioned by others. I've fired at least 100,000 rounds through extension-equipped mags (G17, G17L, G19, G23, G26, G27, G39). Also, I'm a Glock Advanced Armorer, and I've never seen this happen. A few pointers: don't practice with mags that you carry for serious social purposes. Get someone qualified to put your extensions on...you can mess it up as simple as it looks. Make sure you have all the parts. If you order an extension from Glock you do not get the locking insert. It has to be ordered separately. If you put an extension on a subcompact and some compacts you should also replace the 9 coil mag spring with a 10 coil spring.

Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    That's good advice about practice vs carry mags.

I destroyed a set of M&P mags last year in dry fire alone, and doubled my mag count for the CZs for this season for that express purpose.

Not only is it easy to crack basepads (especially polymer ones), you can warp the tubes or feed lips on steel mags with the wrong hit. Yes, even through carpet-- they tend to cartwheel.

Top Bottom