Glock owners ??

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • aleks61

Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    You are about to get 1,000 different answers. I use hoppe's supreme elite lube, works great on my Gen 3 Glock 23. I clean the barrel with hoppe's copper solvent. All of these can be found at Academy or Walmart.

Hattrick 22

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Kenner, Louisiana
    I like mpro-7 cleaner and lube it's the only thing I have used different than good ole hoppes. I like the way mpro-7 smells though I plan on trying different ones myself after I run out of this.

CLP, Synthetic motor oil for lube, Frog lube, the list goes on of different answers you will get..

Synthetic motor oil for lube (The price is worth it for the amount you get) I would like to know more on this one in particular though since all the old timers use it like what its advantage is and such.

Last edited:

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Clean: MPro7
    Lube: FrogLube

But brake cleaner and Mobil 1 motor oil works just fine too. I only prefer the above because I can use them without the wife bitchin' about the smell and I like that the FrogLube stays put once applied.

DuckYou

Angry Wiener
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I use hopes solvent and militec oil, and keep it as dry as possible. I heat all the metal parts in the oven to cure the militec without having to shoot.

DatBoiC

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2012
    I use Ballistol its a cleaner and lube all in one. after cleaning put a drop in your locations for lube.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Glocks work with almost anything and many use Breakfree, Hoppe's Elite or Weapon Shield CLP.
    I lubricate with Mobil 1 20W50.

DS727

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Denham Springs
    I use 93 octane gasoline as a cleaner and Vasoline to lube. But sometimes I'll just **** on it and then rub it down with Parkay margarine.

All of the above would be acceptable, however on a more serious note...

It's a Glock. It doesn't care, and I wouldn't spend too much time or money worrying about it.

Last edited:

kapkanimd

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    I use the rem oil on everything now, it cleans and lubes.. If you do it after each shoot, you would likely not even need anything stronger...

Lion_hunter

Getting There
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Slidell, LA
    I use silicone spray from Walmart to clean after shooting and lightly aply high temp auto lube after wiping all the grime out- a can has a lifetime supply of lube grease in it! Every other trip to range, I hit the barrel with solvent and brush to get the lead out. You can rack the slide back and forth (no mag in of course) and listen to the sound the metal parts make as they rub together. You'll notice the difference between too dry (bad) and correctly lubed gun.

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Rigg grease for lube and whatever you want to use as a solvent. I've tried lots and lots they all work about the same as far as I can tell.

Dave

Top Bottom