Glock Price Gouging

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • alex

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Jun 20, 2007
    Frisco, TX & Frequently in BR
    Meh...cops in general get paid crap. Good for them if they can perpetuate a hobby on their fellow enthusiast's dime.

I personally think the discount is retarded. They'd sell far more handguns if the price were the same regardless of your career.

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    Y'all bitching about the guys making $50-75 on a gun sale ???????????

Keep in mind you get 3 mags not two, not enough money in that.

How about the drug dealer making 100% profit ?

RyanW

Koch-head
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Wow, a forum full of people who believe in the constitution, but not capitalism, unless it benefits them. Who cares what the sellers cost was, if he was buying them for $25 at a turn-in day and selling them for $300, is he still ripping people off????

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    No I'm sorry, but you are in fact owned. I don't have a correct rhetoric on the subject, but I do believe that gouging exists. Kinda the same way we all despise gas price gouging but refuse to admit the fact tha glocks on this website experience the same thing.

The difference here is, fuel is something that most people have to buy in order to go about their everyday life. A glock or any other gun is not something that people must buy in order for them to go about their everyday life....at least for some folks anyhow. :D

The way I see it, if someone wants to charge $999 for a glock, fine. I wont buy it, and hopefully no one else will. A friend of mine was looking for an anniversary gift for her husband today, so I tried to hook her up with a member here that had a G19 for $500. Not a steal of a deal, but cheaper than paying retail + tax. Unfortunately/fortunately their schedule didn't work out, so I sent her to Pelican Pawn and she was able to get him a FDE G19, which is the exact gun he was wanting, for $499 + tax. He had NO idea that he was going to be getting this because he didn't count on his wife contacting me to find out what he might want, nor was he expecting her to spend very much on the gift. I just got through watching the video of him opening the gift, and it was priceless. I have done my good deed for the day. He was shocked, and kept asking her, "where did you get this....how...did you know?"

glimmerman

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    CSA
    So... You think it's appropriate for a police officer to purchase a Blue Label Glock at $398 and turn around the next day and sell it to a plumber for $500?

Since plumbers make a whole lot more than policemen, it will be called "Redistribution of Wealth"!!:bowdown:

Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    I can get blue label Glocks all day long. Once I own it, Glock can't say ****. Neither can anyone else for that matter. I'm free to do with my property whatever I want so long as it doesn't violate a law.

Who's really the one to blame, the guy SELLING a $400 gun for $500 or the idiot buying it???

Well, obviously there's nothing illegal about it.

I believe the assumption is that Glock, Inc. won't be extending that blue label service to whomsoever they find out is costing them money. Though I've never so much as heard a whisper of that happening-- and I know of several blue label Glocks that have been sold outside of the allowed group.

Maybe I own a couple myself. (Or maybe not...) :ninja:

RyanW

Koch-head
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I've seen businesses do it. They purchased a TON of blue label Glocks and sold them as reds. Glock found out and sued, and won. They supposedly did it hundreds of times though, far beyond what even the most outlandish gun collector could imagine. I think is was part of the OMB debacle

Rainsdrops

Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Nov 17, 2010
    Houma
    I would not be offended if an officer buy a discounted gun, an turns around and sells it to me at market value minus taxes. I don't sell what is the big deal. Ebay sellers do it all the time.
    If you don't like their markups, don't buy it. It takes one bad grape, to **** up the whole bag

X Zombie

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 9, 2012
    NOLA
    I would have to sale 6 Glocks for $100 profit each per month to make my car note. Personally, I wouldn't want my name tied to each gun on all those forms.

glimmerman

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    CSA
    This thread contains a significant level of butthurt and indifference.

It is just like buying a new car...........not everyone gets the same deal!! And yet, I'd bet most new car owners are smiling when they drive out of the dealership with a bigger butthurt than buying a Glock at $500!!:eek4:

rocketsteve

Florida Cracker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 15, 2012
    Nowhere
    I support everybody's right to sell their Glock for as much money as they think they can get for it. If it doesn't sell at the asking price, the owner has the option of leaving the gun at the same asking price, reducing the asking price, or putting the gun back in their safe. This is the free market system.

If I find value in the seller's asking price, I will buy the Glock, and if not, I will not buy. No one is going to force me to buy a gun.

As long as there are those willing to pay the inflated asking prices for these Glocks, the prices will stay high...

CUJOHUNTER

EARPLUGS??
    Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New Orleans
    9mm & 45acp Glocks bring current market value or more,in some cases......especially 9mm.
    .40 & .357 Glocks sometimes bring current market, and more often than not, less than that.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jp3544
    Top Bottom