glock vs sig question

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • catman3516

Rating - 92.3%
    12   1   0
    Dec 28, 2011
    belle chasse
    Hey guys gotta question for yall. My gf had a sig 2022 in 9mm and shot it ok. Now I want to get her a glock 17,19, or 22,23 . Other than the striker to hammer difference, which will shoot easier in you guys opinion .,I shot the sig it shot good, I just dont own a glock 9mm to compare it to any suggestions or advise?

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    If you don't know someone who owns one, try going to a range that rents guns and take a Glock for a test drive!

brewer3401

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2012
    I have a P226 .40 and the .22 conversion kit.
    Gun is extremely accurate in both calibers.
    Heard Glocks were a little "loose" and are better suited to harsh conditions, even though Seals carry Sigs.
    But, Jessie Abbate seems to have done extremely well shooting a Glock - although I can't believe she was shooting an off the shelf Glock.
    Call around for indoor shooting ranges and ask if they have test guns - shoot it before you buy it.
    If ever in Slidell, FITS indoor range has guns to try, Glock and Sig.

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    HUGE dif IMO, longer harder trigger on the SIG + a decocker

Glock is pretty straight forward with a much better trigger and no silly levers

Rent a Glock, they are available at any range, best to try before you buy

Hardballing

Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Metairie, LA
    I shoot both. While I've been on a Sig kick for the last couple of months (P226 SSS 9mm, yeah, the BIG HEAVY sucker), I'm now back to the beloved G19 (THE Glock to have if you're only going to get one imo).

Being away makes me appreciated the Volkspistole all the more when I come back to it.

Butt ugly but therein lies it's beauty. Kind of like shopping at Ikea. :)

Leadslugga

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge,LA
    I like my SIGs, but glocks are great, too. If you are getting a glock for a woman, get the G19. 9mm is your best bet, and the grip on the G17 is kind of giant for smaller hands.

ericlosh

Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    Slidell LA
    ill just say i am glad to have a gen3 g17 back in my hands, always shot good with that pistol. good trigger, i like the egros, and no levers or stuff

started out with a g17 as my first handgun...last year.... but now whenever i have a gun that has a safety, its just weird and i never use it.

I'll use a DA/SA, but any time i try SAO i always forget about the safety being on, so now i just try to stay away from things with safeties.

kz45

1911 cool-aid drinker
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    It's what you're used too, I just bought a g22 and shot it in a night match last weekend, I was slower because every time I went to swipe the safety off it wasn't there, I would pause, just a second, but enough!

aard3

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 28, 2010
    Mandeville, LA
    I own both, and along with the other reasons mentioned, I prefer the glocks lower bore axis.

My gf prefers the g19 to anything else, including the sigs... but everyone is different and like others said, the best advice is to have her try them both.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jgwick
    Top Bottom