Glock "Went off?"

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Moondew

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    BR
    From Miami Herald
    Employee accidentally shot in butt at Broward pawn shop

BY SARAH ELDER
    SELDER@MIAMIHERALD.COM
    A man was taken to the hospital after getting shot in the buttocks at work in a South Florida pawn shop.

At about 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, an employee of David Bari’s Pawn shop on State Road 7 in Margate stepped out, leaving his semiautomatic Glock .40 caliber gun on top of a counter. Another employee saw the weapon and thinking it was a store item, picked it up to place it in the showcase.

The gun went off while the employee was handling it and a third employee happened to be in the line of fire.

The bullet entered the man’s right buttocks and exited the front pelvic area, according to Lt. Zettek of the Margate Police Department.

Investigators are looking into the incident but the preliminary investigation is showing that it was accidental, Zettek said.

The wounded man was taken to North Broward Medical Center and will be fine, Zettek said.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/04/04/2730909/man-shot-in-broward-by-accident.html#storylink=cpy

JLouv

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Youngsville
    It's a wonder it didn't take his "junk" off when it exited. I damn sure don't want a .40 passing through my pelvic region.

And imagine, the bullet would have hit the man bits post-expansion too!!! Eeeewwwww :puke:

But seriously....WTF was a loaded gun in a display case?

The fail is strong everywhere at that shop.

LongGoneDays

Mine. Not yours.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Shreveport, LA
    It's a wonder it didn't take his "junk" off when it exited. I damn sure don't want a .40 passing through my pelvic region.

I've had quite a few 40s pass through my pelvic region.

FO6s4.jpg

Just not too many this century and non this decade :rofl:

Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    How can you pick up a firearm as common as a Glock and not be able to tell right away (by the weight) that it's loaded? Especially a .40 model-- even a 27.

A crack barrel or bolt action (especially to someone who is unfamiliar to them) is one thing; a pistol that said employee probably handles a dozen times a day is another...

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    But seriously....WTF was a loaded gun in a display case?

The fail is strong everywhere at that shop.

The said gun was not in the display case and it did not belong to the pawn shop. It was left on top of the case by the owner of the weapon when he left the room. Which leads us to the next question. Why did the owner of the gun leave it (loaded) on top of a display case for someone to mistake it as a "for sale" item that was left out? I am in no way trying to excuse the fact that the guy who picked it up was a tard for allowing it to accidentally blow a hole in the next guys ass. I am just pointing out that both parties were in the wrong here.

LongGoneDays

Mine. Not yours.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Shreveport, LA
    The said gun was not in the display case and it did not belong to the pawn shop. It was left on top of the case by the owner of the weapon when he left the room. Which leads us to the next question. Why did the owner of the gun leave it (loaded) on top of a display case for someone to mistake it as a "for sale" item that was left out? I am in no way trying to excuse the fact that the guy who picked it up was a tard for allowing it to accidentally blow a hole in the next guys ass. I am just pointing out that both parties were in the wrong here.

At about 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, an employee of David Bari’s Pawn shop on State Road 7 in Margate stepped out, leaving his semiautomatic Glock .40 caliber gun on top of a counter. Another employee saw the weapon and thinking it was a store item, picked it up to place it in the showcase.

My theory? The employee that sat the gun down in the first place can legally open carry inside the store, but not outside the store, and doesn't have a conceal carry. With this incident hopefully he never will.

JLouv

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Youngsville

My short term memory has failed me yet again! My bad.

I ASSUME, the store was empty, and like posted above me, he did not want to carry outside the store.

Just all around fail everywhere.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeyy504
    Top Bottom