Glocks and Bayou Bullets

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • alpharic

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jun 5, 2013
    Baton Rouge
    Im sure this question has been asked and answered before on the forum. I researched a little and didnt find alot, but have read some on other forums. Can the lead bullets be consistently shot from a glock and is it ok for the glock barrel. I understand the gun will have to be cleaned after each shooting of it, because of the lead bullet, but what is the opinion out there on this and how many of you out there do it, if any? As of now, I reloading plated bullets and they are dang accurate with the loads i have worked up. But the lead ones would be even cheaper, so just wanted to get some opinions and outlooks on the topic.

dmh

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seen a few glocks suffer failures from really soft lead bullets but no problems with the green bayous as long as the loader knows what they're doing, but that's the same for any hand load. I've loaded thousands for glocks so far with BB.

Last edited:

returningliberty

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    Hammond, LA
    I load BB in 9 and 40 with OEM glock barrels.

Any of the following is At Your Own Risk, but I use 4.1gr of 231 with 200gr BB and it is a very flat, soft load. It makes major in my barrel. 3.9gr is a really soft load, and still accurate.

The 125 and 147gr 9mm BBs load well too, I use autocomp (because that's what I have) and its a good load, but there are better 9mm powders.

The thing with the BBs is that they don't lead your barrel like hard cast lead does. If you use the Non coated BBs, I really recommend you get an aftermarket barrel.

dmiculek

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 1, 2006
    Gramercy
    Im sure this question has been asked and answered before on the forum. I researched a little and didnt find alot, but have read some on other forums. Can the lead bullets be consistently shot from a glock and is it ok for the glock barrel. I understand the gun will have to be cleaned after each shooting of it, because of the lead bullet, but what is the opinion out there on this and how many of you out there do it, if any? As of now, I reloading plated bullets and they are dang accurate with the loads i have worked up. But the lead ones would be even cheaper, so just wanted to get some opinions and outlooks on the topic.

Hi,
    I have lots of Glock customers who shoot tthem in the stock barrels. If you buy some and don't like them for any reason, I will buy them back from you.
    Contact me if your interested.
    bayoubullets@yahoo.com or call me 225 324 4501

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    I have shot lots of Bayou Bullets in my Glock BBLs and never had any trouble.
    You won't find a better person to buy coated bullets from then Donnie!!!

flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    I bought a kkm barrel for my G34. I have several thousand BB I plan to load for it and a thousand moly coated that I got in a trade. I never realized that so many folks shot BB in a factory Glock barrel successfully. A certain short grumpy :) former member here always told me its better to shoot jacketed bullets in Glocks/HKs. Matter of fact him and I are waiting on a Precision Delta order right now for bullets.

Last edited:

bayougump

I'm not a smart man
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 23, 2013
    Ponchatoula

I have a Gen4 34 and will be shooting my first batch of bayou bullets this weekend at Tangi. I know those who have ran tens of thousands thru Glocks with no problems.

Top Bottom