GM = China Motors

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jms

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 25, 2009
    Franklinton,La.
    So I bought a 2011 Chevy 1500 Silverado Z -71 made by China ? I knew I should've stayed with Ford . I listened to a WOMAN,for crying out loud . I need my but kicked !:o

Charles1959

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Covington, La.
    I bought my daughter a Honda Civic last year. We went looking at the Fords and Chevy's. Looking at an HHR, I noticed on the sticker that it was 70% foreign produced, The Honda was 54% foreign. It truly has become a global market. And the UAW has largely themselves to blame for GM going overseas.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    We have been selling our economic souls to China for decades; what's another fortune 500 company whoring out to them going to hurt? Right?

We (the US), deserve everything we will get in the end. Want another interesting tidbit? We import no less than 70% of all seafood consumed here; and China has 50% of that.

I am starting to think a purchase of Rosetta Stone - Chinese, may be in my future plans! :madfawk:

radney

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 17, 2010
    Mandeviille
    How could anyone buy a GM after the bailout? So many of their top brass took gigantic golden parachutes and the new brass ship the company overseas. Buy a Ford

blackboltss

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    Slidell
    Well I have had 2 Chevy S-10's, a supercharged chevy cobalt, and currently have a 94 chevy 1500 and a 2000 z28. Once the truck goes which wont be for a while(its a beast) I'll get 06ish 1500 and once the z28 goes i'll hopefully be getting into an 08ish z06 if I dont decide to drop and ls7 or just build an ls1 in the Camaro. After that who knows? I have only owned 1 other brand and that was a honda CRV. It was a pretty good lil car and did what I needed it too do. I have never been impressed with ford, the GT's are SLOW and never have liked the look of the trucks.

VeedUp

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Oct 15, 2007
    Destrehan, La.
    It really is UAW that ran a lot of them over seas, hell Ford built the largest auto plant in the world in Brazil. They have in distributors manufacturing right there in house, and shipping parts all over the world. Said they would have never been able to to do that here with the UAW.

VeedUp

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Oct 15, 2007
    Destrehan, La.
    Well I have had 2 Chevy S-10's, a supercharged chevy cobalt, and currently have a 94 chevy 1500 and a 2000 z28. Once the truck goes which wont be for a while(its a beast) I'll get 06ish 1500 and once the z28 goes i'll hopefully be getting into an 08ish z06 if I dont decide to drop and ls7 or just build an ls1 in the Camaro. After that who knows? I have only owned 1 other brand and that was a honda CRV. It was a pretty good lil car and did what I needed it too do. I have never been impressed with ford, the GT's are SLOW and never have liked the look of the trucks.
    Well you should do some research, because the new boss 302 motors have been smoking both Chevy and dodge since last year, I love gm performance, but they have been lagging lately. The new Camero hasn't impressed me much

blackboltss

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    Slidell
    The new Camaro does not impress me either. I have heard all the B.s about the new 5.0's and I have ran into a couple of them and I was not impressed. A 12 year old car with 110k miles pulled away with ease and pulled a 09? SRT8 like it was nothing. And the new boss 302 is around 60k, yea... i'll take a used c6 z06 and drag it down the track.

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    It really is UAW that ran a lot of them over seas, hell Ford built the largest auto plant in the world in Brazil. They have in distributors manufacturing right there in house, and shipping parts all over the world. Said they would have never been able to to do that here with the UAW.

I read that article too. The Brazil plant is one of the most technical car production facilities in the world. The article stated the UAW blocked it here due to the fact that fewer people were needed to build cars. Never mind the jobs created to build and maintain the facility. It's the 21st century and the UAW is still hung up in the 1950's. I bought an Acura in 12/11 and my wife bought a Honda Pilot 3/12. Both built in the US by non UAW employees. There are non UAW car plants in the US that are doing well. BMW and Mercedes also have plants here. What's wrong with this picture? Our unionized car companies are leaving for foreign production. And foreign car companies (BMW, MB, Acura,Honda, etc.) are coming here to build non-union plants. My personal opinion is the problem is the UAW. When I see television clips of president Obama giving one of his pep rallys there are usually people holding UAW signs behind him. All the more reason not to buy anything they build.

Mjolnir

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA

No it wasn't. (re: UAW).

Mjolnir

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    UAW, UAW...

How many have worked and currently work among and with the UAW?

Those who do KNOW poor design for manufacturing, improper implementation of principles of quality all driven by quarterly profits.

But then what would I know...

Addendum

I say this the way I say it because it was parroted around Ford for awhile until Alan Mullaly stepped in (from Boeing) and put the BS to rest and began implementing constructive change; change that some of us saw, tried to implement and was ignored.

Moving plants was viewed as easier in some cases due to environmental concerns: AC Rochester built engines for GM. The flooring was railroad ties or something similar laid vertically into the ground. Oil leaked from the rafters and when u stepped on one leg oil would ooze from the floor.

The salaries of the worker and the reduced benefits is what they are after. In the Globalist World there will be no nations - only states answerable to a Global Gov't. Or a least that's the plan. Therefore, there are to be no tariffs (which were in place to pay for our federal govt expenses).

In Mexico the good manufacturing jobs pay $3 per hour. Not sure what their "benefits pkg" consists of or what it contains.

Addendum II

There was little discipline amongst the program engineers. When timing is compressed already and there is indecision by upper management it causes serious issues as benchmarking, testing and CAE results are invalidated and must be redone. Or not due to lack of resources and time then decisions are made solely with respect to cost containment - engineers be damned. Then there were MCRs (Material Cost Reductions) paralleling the engineering development period.

Many of us looked in wonder that a car would be produced at all.

An example: the Lincoln LS took 8 yrs (despite what you may find in the media) due to indecision by upper mgmnt debating the merits (and implementing engineering and program changes along the way, mind you) of whether the car would be FWD or RWD.

I'm not a cost guy so I have no real clue as to how much money was wasted. Those funds could have been spent engineering a proper transmission for the thing.

Last edited:

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I have worked in numerous auto assembly plants in Kansas, Missouri, Tennessee, Virginia, Georgia, Texas and Louisiana.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Gordoloco
    Top Bottom