GMC Acadia vs yukon/tahoe vs Ford Explorer

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Nope but I have seen many that dont belong to me do just that. My wife and I goofed on a Trailblazer though. The thing will probably last for ever but at 8 years old now its one annoying problem after another.

And at the same time, my parents have a 2008 Trailblazer LT with zero problems. I drove my Silverado for 298,000 miles before it had to have parts replaced, but my Father had a 2006 Silverado that had tons of trouble, and he now owns a 2013 Silverado which had to have the rear end replaced under warranty.

Nothing is perfect.

Well said I you want a big SUV or truck you cant go wrong with GM or Ford. Its what they do and do best.

You definitely can go wrong with a GM/Ford truck if you don't know what you're looking for.

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    And at the same time, my parents have a 2008 Trailblazer LT with zero problems. I drove my Silverado for 298,000 miles before it had to have parts replaced, but my Father had a 2006 Silverado that had tons of trouble, and he now owns a 2013 Silverado which had to have the rear end replaced under warranty.

Nothing is perfect.

You definitely can go wrong with a GM/Ford truck if you don't know what you're looking for.

Fair assesment.

Every assembly line runs on Monday, but it just seems some hold up to the test of time better, and in the used market you rarely know what you are buying until its too late. I will say mileage is less a factor than age and how its been treated. Also I have never bought a new vehicle where I didnt make the manufacture warranty something, be it sports car, truck, SUV, or sadan.

Cajun Camper

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 9, 2012
    Lafayette, La.
    Thru the years I've had 3 Explorers as company vehicles. They were rode hard & put up wet & never had any problems to speak of. My wife had an '08 Ford Edge for 6 years until she got a Company car. It too was trouble free.

BlueShamu

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 21, 2015
    D'town
    Keep in mind, the Acadia, Traverse and Enclave are all pretty much the same vehicle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    Wow - any idea why?
    Thought it went by value.

It's not just the value and replacement costs that factor into insurance costs, It's also the drivers and common history I guess. So your average Escalade driver is probably a 60+ year old guy that doesn't speed etc. Like the mitsubishi lancer evolution and 350z have high insurance rates due to the demographic of the typical driver. Lots of speeding and reckless driving.

Robbie

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   1
    Nov 8, 2011
    Elmwood, LA 70123
    Curious what insurance company that is, might need to switch form USAA.

It's not just the value and replacement costs that factor into insurance costs, It's also the drivers and common history I guess. So your average Escalade driver is probably a 60+ year old guy that doesn't speed etc. Like the mitsubishi lancer evolution and 350z have high insurance rates due to the demographic of the typical driver. Lots of speeding and reckless driving.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    I have progressive, I know it's not state farm or all state, but I switched to them from Liberty Mutal a long time ago, and I honestly can say I've never had an issue, I've had 1 car get totalled, 1 car flooded, multiple accidents both my fault and another person's fault, and they haven't raised my rate since I've been a diamond member. When I was young (19) they were the only ones that would write me a policy without my parent's being on it.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    mike933
    Top Bottom