Go Pro at the shooting range

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • julicaro

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    New Orleans
    Got to sneak out for an afternoon and get some shooting in while visiting the family. Figured its a great time ti test out my Go Pro 3 at the shooting range with the skeleton back door.
    Looks nice in 1080p

BR55

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2013
    I'm new to this but what I'm getting is, when loading the gun, sweep the guy on your right.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    The GoPro are good to go, but the new Black looks like they've made some major improvements. The fish-eye kills it for me though when it comes to Bird Shooting. There are better options. I still think the Pivothead Glasses give an unparalleled POV compared to cam's mounted on top the head or side.

I'm new to this but what I'm getting is, when loading the gun, sweep the guy on your right.

Yep. Gotta be more careful than that. Also the wiggle dance at 11:10 should have been discouraged. I'm more strict on my wife and family.

When I'm dealing with new shooters, I stand RIGHT behind them and to the right some. I give loud(not yelling) clear and concise commands and the instant the barrel is pointed anywhere but down range I can reach forward and control it since it's within arms distance. I do this with family members all the time until they have proven themselves capable of properly handling a firearm. None of them have complained and they all feel more secure and safe when I go Instructor Mode b/c they don't have to THINK too much on what's next in the sequence of events of shooting. From 'Pick Up the firearm'>'Insert the magazine'>'Rack the slide'>'Fire when ready'>'You're OUT! Unload show clear'>'Release the Magazine>'Check the chamber'>'Place the firearm and magazine down'.

Not exactly like that probably but you get the point. Stuff like that allows for them(new shooters) to know exactly what should happen so there is no confusion and will help ensure better safety. You standing directly behind them keeps them from backing away from the firing line and/or point the firearm ANYWHERE but DOWNRANGE.

As always, sometimes we have to film ourselves doing something stupid before we can correct ourselves. Everyone here has flagged someone or done something unsafe. Were not robots so just use this as a training tool.

66kzhzdjeu79ohtw4bhu.png

Flag and Finger on Trigger
    ub2vsyhaubp5dwxmcyl.png

Like I said, everyone makes mistakes. Sometimes we catch ourselves on camera.

Quick example. This happen last year in the Marsh, Duck Hunting. We were borrowing a dog so we had her leashed to the blind to be sure she didn't break while hunting. Well this happen. Had a seasoned dog been in the blind this would not have likely happened b/c the dog would not have been leashed therefore leaving nothing to get tangled up.

Just that quick sometimes.

Last edited:

cnodie1

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    New Orleans
    Hitman do you have any vids of duck hunts with the pivot heads? I got a go pro for a canada trip last year but returned it when the trip got cancelled. Still trying to decide what I will get for the trip this year

returningliberty

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    Hammond, LA
    Great review hitman.

Everyone makes mistakes, that's why our safety rules have redundancy built into them.

I prefer to give everyone I teach (from family to strangers) some time in a "classroom" before I take them to the range or out back. Before I let them shoot live ammo they are able to recite the safety rules, know the basic functions of the gun they will be using, and can explain the fundamentals of marksmanship. (I skip that one for the kids, they just tell me how they're supposed to aim).

When on the range I am very hesitant to grab people's firearms. I prefer a quick grab of the shoulders; the only time I'll actually reposition the firearm itself is when the gun is on the 180.

julicaro

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    New Orleans
    miami florida, bit expensive and not well kept in means of either removing brass by employees (i noticed lots of guys just sitting around) or providing a brom so we can sweep them out from under our feet.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    alwill112
    Top Bottom