God Bless America

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    If not us, then who? Joe Rogan!

You think if we pull back to the Main land and remain stagnant in the world that we'll be left alone?

For as long as MEN live on this world, they will try to conquer it and another country/man will take over. Hitler, Stalin, Ahmadinejad, Saddam, Osama, Kim Jong il, Fidel Castro we could go further back in history.

There will NEVER be Equal Powered countries!

No man will bring about World Peace.

There will ALWAYS be an Alpha Male.

I’d rather be on the Alpha Males team.

Last edited:

James Cannon

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    Laffy
    In one statement he talks hopefully about how if PEOPLE were voting on the laws, there wouldn't be so many laws made to **** us and PROTECT corporations, and in the very next breath he mentioned how "really ****ing dumb" and it sucks that "really ****ing dumb" people get a say.

So if these "really ****ing dumb" people are a drag on the republican system of electing representatives, why would they not be "really ****ing dumb" and a drag on a democratic voting system?

Blah blah blah, I think his video is just another "RAH RAH RAH!" feel-good video that he so bashes, but in the protest side of the aisle.

Seriously, Democratic Republics are the worst system... except for all the others ones in use.

BRBrett

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    Bosco:
    I don't think it's meant as you are stating it. I'm pretty sure he's talking about how humanity is like a mold on the earth. He does talk about materialism in the world often on his podcast though.

S&W4ME:
    Through the entire video he's talking about corruption in companies and the government. He's not saying anything about people shouldn't make money.

James Cannon:
    I definitely see your point but our government is not the best. It has evolved into something that it was never supposed to be. Direct Democracy is the ideal dream for countries but when you introduce representatives who are all in it for the kickbacks they get....things will start to get bad. You have presidential candidates that spend hundreds of millions to a billion on campaigning for presidential office where they will get paid 500k a year. There is something going on when people will MORE MONEY for LESS MONEY. Something is going on.

Emperor:
    Oh I get it nothing matters because he smokes pot....

Hitman:
    I have no problem going to war if it is just and if at any time the people start disagreeing with the war we get the hell out. The problem with America is that war is an industry and it is profitable to go to war. Maybe not for the people but certainly for all the contractors. You can follow the timeline since 2001 and you can clearly plot out when we were attacked on 9-11 that is when we started losing rights and it hasn't stopped yet.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    I have no problem going to war if it is just and if at any time the people start disagreeing with the war we get the hell out. The problem with America is that war is an industry and it is profitable to go to war. Maybe not for the people but certainly for all the contractors. You can follow the timeline since 2001 and you can clearly plot out when we were attacked on 9-11 that is when we started losing rights and it hasn't stopped yet.

It's the new nature of the terrorist beast.

While I do agree that they play the 'Fear' game a bit too much, we cannot act like killing Muslim Jihadist isn't a good thing for the World.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    ...................Direct Democracy is the ideal dream for countries................

You can't actually be serious about this. Even you can't be this naive.

Let me illustrate: Let's start a thread with a poll. Everyone vote on whether or not we take you to the range, stake you out and use you for target practice. Are you so sure of yourself, OR US that you would be so enthusiastic about "Direct Democracy.":doh:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region

Let me illustrate: Let's start a thread with a poll. Everyone vote on whether or not we take you to the range, stake you out and use you for target practice. Are you so sure of yourself, OR US that you would be so enthusiastic about "Direct Democracy.":doh:

He is young! His maturity is still nurturing. A professor told him that is the way the world should be and by God, that is the way the world should be.

I am actually glad he throws that out there every now and then to ground all you crazies on here.:rofl:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Last edited:

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    Idealism, my boy! We all had it once! Then we (some of us), grew up.;)

I give you more credit than that. ;) I believe most of us carry ideals with us thru life. But life tempers them with reality, wisdom and understanding of human nature.

BRBrett: If you're lucky you will one day realize that, yes, true evil exists in the world, but it isn't the conservative movement and it isn't the United States. Meantime, we can agree one thing. God Bless America!

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I give you more credit than that. ;) I believe most of us carry ideals with us thru life. But life tempers them with reality, wisdom and understanding of human nature.

Undoubtedly! But see, he glossed over my, "Pipe Dream" admission. That was the era in my journey where I really had some good grounded ideals.:eek4:

And may I say, you are truly starting to sound statley, just like King Leonidas.

BTW: Did I ever mention that one time on a hashish binge, I figured out all of the world's problems, but forgot the answers when I came down.:D

Last edited:

BRBrett

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2011
    Baton Rouge

k0FQi.gif

BRBrett

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2011
    Baton Rouge

BRBrett: If you're lucky you will one day realize that, yes, true evil exists in the world, but it isn't the conservative movement and it isn't the United States. Meantime, we can agree one thing. God Bless America!

I'm not saying that the conservative movement is evil. I'm saying both sides are corrupt. We are spoonfed this 2 party nonsense daily and it doesn't go away.

Also about the 'when you grow up' comment...if you consider yourself 'grown up' and you are standing behind the republican runners right now you seriously need to re-evaluate your situation. I was a HUGE conservative all the way until the Iraq war. I probably contributed more to Bush's 04 campaign than most of you did. I thought that Bush was a great guy and would do fantastic things for this nation but instead used 9/11 to start an unjust war that killed 1 million iraqi civilians and at the same time made all of his best buddies corporations much much richer. Let's not forget about the Patriot Act that was used to 'spy on terrorists' aka every civilian.

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    Maybe we are not so far apart. Yes, there is corruption on a grand scale in both parties. Some ingrained in the upper echelons. And some in their functionaries in Congress. I have been disappointed in many elected representatives over the years. No more, because I have come to expect it. D(izzy) C(ity) is obviously an extremely corrosive environment. Must take superhuman character not to be seduced by the power, prestige, money, privilege and so on. I have come to believe that the seat of gov't should be spread around the country. No more than one Executive Department in any given city, etc. Maybe prevent the achievement of critical mass.

I did not patronize you about growing up, perhaps you confuse me with someone else. However, the substance of that post is nonetheless correct. More experience will likely alter some of your perceptions. That is inarguable.

I do not stand behind the Republican Party one iota. I believe they carry more guilt than the Democrats, because at least the Dems. are true to their philosophy. The Reps. are either hypocritical sellouts or as corrupt as the others or just plain weak. I never supported Bush the younger. I figured the apple couldn't fall far from the tree. But at least he talked like he loved and took pride in the USA.

Personally, I would very much like to see the emergence of a viable 3rd party.

Top Bottom