Goin' hog wild

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • johnnyastro22

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2012
    I actually won a hog hunt!

Three day two night and it includes lodging & meals. I entered a monthly drawing at http://hoghuntingintexas.com and I won!

Will have to pay a booking fee and pay for processing game plus tip the guide but it's a fraction of what it would cost so. What I'd like to know is what's the best time of year to kill a wild pig?

Hoyaa pig hunt!

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    You are not going to enjoy this hunt at all! You should give it to me. I would begrudgingly take it. I am used to hunting in completely unbearable and hellish conditions.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    You are not going to enjoy this hunt at all! You should give it to me. I would begrudgingly take it. I am used to hunting in completely unbearable and hellish conditions.

Wow- that's very kind of you, Emperor! :cheers:

Splat

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Lafayette
    All year. Congrats on winning!! I wish it were me! Is it a night hunt? I would definitly wait until its cool. That Texas heat could be killer.

whitsend

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    Transylvania, LA
    All year. Congrats on winning!! I wish it were me! Is it a night hunt? I would definitly wait until its cool. That Texas heat could be killer.

Yep, Texas heat is a killer.
    And Emperor's old heart may not be able to handle the stress, so I will sacrifice my own health and you can give it to me instead of Emperor. :x:

[JK: Congratulation. I know you just came here to gloat. :mamoru:]

Splat

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Lafayette
    I checked out the web site. I don't understand why they have all of the extra charges of processing fee, guide fee and gratuity. I understand gratuity but not the others. Normally when you pay for a hunt all of that is included. At least your not having to buy the hunt. Good luck and happy hunting!

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I checked out the web site. I don't understand why they have all of the extra charges of processing fee, guide fee and gratuity. I understand gratuity but not the others. Normally when you pay for a hunt all of that is included. At least your not having to buy the hunt. Good luck and happy hunting!

I don't have time to do the math, but this "Free" trip will cost some righteous bucks after it's all added up. Hell the gas alone to drive that far is going to be in the hundreds.

For this kind of money he may be better off paying the capitalist who wants $300 plus bait money in Washington Parish. :dunno:

johnnyastro22

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2012
    I don't have time to do the math, but this "Free" trip will cost some righteous bucks after it's all added up. Hell the gas alone to drive that far is going to be in the hundreds.

For this kind of money he may be better off paying the capitalist who wants $300 plus bait money in Washington Parish. :dunno:

Maybe, but that would be a big unknown. I think that with this hunt I'll get plenty, some free and some not free. I know I won't have to find a place to stay or pay for meals. The package I won is a three day two night deal that includes lodging and meals, and I think it's fantastic that they'll process my kill.

I do think I'll wait and schedule my hunt for the cooler fall weather, thanks for the generous offers but I think I'll take my winnings and leave the table:rockon:

Top Bottom