Going 308 AR. But what brand?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • geeck

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    SE Louisiana
    Remington R-25 / Busmaster

if that was a 22" bbl Springfield I'd be interested, I've got a Socom already.

I don't know much about the stoner platform (don't care too:D) but what about the Remington? From what I've heard it uses the most common mags (dpms), probably made by Bushmaster ala Cerberus LLC same owner as Remington, and long term support shouldn't be an issue. I've seen them for around a $1000.00

r-25-prod.ashx

geeck

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    SE Louisiana
    I have an Armalite and have had no problems. Mags are brand only but how many do you need anyway.

I like to have a minimum of 10 per rifle for all of my battle rifles. You have to remember the mag is an integral part of the rifle. Without a mag you've got a crappy single shot at best and a CLUB at worst:)

Narco

0-60 in 5.11
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 6, 2007
    New Orleans
    JP 308 14.5" with perma attached brake/comp...

US Army MarksmanShip Teams are getting very nice groups at 600 while still maintaining the ability to have a CQB rifle

FreedomGunworks

"Fearless"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Camilla, GA
    I have a Rock River Arms .308 in stock with the 20" barrel. Very nice rifle, balances good and is not near as heavy as the DPMS versions.

I am personally shooting a Remington R25. Bought it with the intentions of replacing the bbl and build a custom. No way no how, the first 5 shot group out of the rifle was under .5MOA at 100 yards. It is such an accurate gun, I've done nothing but thread the bbl for my suppressor attachment, ad a 15.5" handguard from SWS, and shoot the **** out of it. I'll be displaying it at The Gator this weekend if anyone wants to come by and take a look at it.

ragincajun1919

Rating - 100%
    33   0   1
    Sep 23, 2009
    Lafayette, La
    My dad has the R-25 and I really like it a lot, but I'm not a fan of the camo for this build, nor the longer barrel. I have seen them in black but not when I was looking to buy.

biggin215

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2010
    Baton Rouge, LA
    There's a DPMS LR-308 in the case at work... It's calling my name and the employee discount would make it a steal. I have one set up for precision shooting and lately I've been toying with the thought of setting one up for CQB.

16" .308 with an Eotech loaded with Hornady TAP for home defense? Yes please.

biggie1447

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2010
    Slidell
    .308 for home defense :eek3: i hope there is nothing on the otherside of the wall that you want. or the other side of the house for that matter.

Top Bottom