Going Down And Stupid In LA

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • posse comatosis

Hoo-ahh!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2008
    Bayou Perdition
    capt.5538eac15deb4327ad9a340f3185ad29-84d436bc0c014a8b84a5290cba7e2ed8-0.jpg

The other LA:

LONG BEACH, Calif. – Angry relatives of a man shot to death by police who apparently mistook a pistol-grip water nozzle he held for a gun are lashing out at officers, saying they made no effort to contact him before opening fire.

However, police officials say Douglas Zerby's behavior prompted the officers' response.

"As the subject was in a seated position, he used a two-handed pistol-grip hold on an object with his arms fully extended," Long Beach Police Chief Jim McDonnell said. "Somebody that is impaired and waving what appears to witnesses and police to be a handgun. That's what the officers were faced with."

Zerby pointed it at one of the officers and two officers fired their weapons, a handgun and a shotgun. A total of eight shots were fired — two from shot guns and six from a handgun, McDonnell said.
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_water_nozzle_shooting

The "weapon" looks more like Spanky's penis in orbit last week than it does a gun....but for the record, the cops are right on this one. Choot 'Em.

Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    Congress needs to form a blue ribbon panel to form a comittee that will draft legislation that will ban these evil and dangerous black water nozzles!!

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Shooting of man holding water nozzle angers family

Typical misleading MSM Bull right there.

They should be angry at the parents for raising an idiot and themselves for not noticing how stupid he was.

I mean c'mon, you guys don't carry black water hose nozzles in your pocket? Then point them at police like you are going to shoot them?

tactical723

3 Gun / F Class Player
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    Northshore - Covington, LA
    Darwin wins again. If he was putting this hose to good use like cleaning someones house for cash or at a job, maybe he would not be face up on a stainless table getting his oil drained for good, just philisophically stating the obvious.

Pipe in Nolacop, let's hear some profound common sense from a man on the water side of the nozzle. I can see this post is going to get interesting.

Last edited:

Hardballing

Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Metairie, LA
    If water nozzles are outlawed, only outlaws will have water nozzles.

Another senseless water nozzle death.

We need to ban them...for the children.

Brought to you by the Brady Campaign to Prevent Water Nozzle Violence.

deafdave3

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    LONG BEACH, Calif. – Angry relatives of a man shot to death by police who apparently mistook a pistol-grip water nozzle he held for a gun are lashing out at officers, saying they made no effort to contact him before opening fire.

What the hell? Seriously!? The LEO's thought the guy had a gun. It looked like a gun. So, if someone points a gun at the LEO's, they are supposed to "contact him" before ending the threat??? I don't think so. I applaud the officer's actions in this one.

These guys already have one of the most stressful jobs in the world, for meager pay.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    ^^^Yep. And I've thought about painting my 1911 'safety' blue also.

Since when are California cops allowed to carry guns, much less Shotguns. I thought they were on the London plan by now.

TheLawson

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    New Orleans
    and more importantly HE HANDLED IT LIKE A GUN!

It's amazing how 99% of our nation goes everyday without getting shot by police.

For fun:

if one percent of people were shot by the cops every day the first day would see 3,080 deaths, the second day 3049, etc etc. BUT the birth rate is around 11,000 a day!

In 2006 cops killed about 0.0006666667% of the US population (around 200 people) - this is for the whole year.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    hunter1994
    Top Bottom