Going to be a dad.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hattrick 22

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Kenner, Louisiana
    And it's twins!

I've been holding off posting anything on it so far not to jinx anything but we are 15 weeks along at the moment and look to have them here shortly after Christmas gets here.

Anyway any advice for a future father?

I'm a gear junkie a little like Dave here and I've been looking at bags to organize and set up for twins and what contents to put in said bag. I'm excited and it's going to be an adventure for sure!

pyreaux

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 5, 2009
    BRLA
    You may want to get a custom diaper/range bag from extreme gear labs. Takes some time, but he makes good stuff.

InterstateGuns

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 25, 2012
    Hammond
    And it's twins!

I've been holding off posting anything on it so far not to jinx anything but we are 15 weeks along at the moment and look to have them here shortly after Christmas gets here.

I'm a gear junkie a little like Dave here and I've been looking at bags to organize and set up for twins and what contents to put in said bag. I'm excited and it's going to be an adventure for sure!

My boy/girl twins just turned six months.

Good luck. I hope you have lots of help.

If you can make it past 2 months without killing your baby mamma you are golden.

But seriously let me know if you have any questions.

Last edited:

US Infidel

TRUST NO ONE
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 30, 2012
    Earth
    Start buying diapers NOW. most people buy way too many accessories and unneeded items. Stay away from the "gimmicky" items. Money may be tight having two. NEVER LET THEM GET USED TO SLEEPING IN YOUR BED. When it's time for them to go to bed, let them cry. They will eventually fall asleep.

JHenley17

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 21, 2013
    Prairieville
    Congrats! The two biggest things have already been said: sleep now while you still can (especially with twins) and you can never have enough diapers. Also, pray they don't need Nutramigen. And don't underestimate the importance of making time. They grow up fast.

CHW2021

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2013
    Abita Springs
    Forget ever sleeping soundly again. You have now entered the parent zone, your previous life is over.

I have survived 2 teens and am still married, such thing is possible. Good luck

Metryshooter

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    Also, get a diaper champ. No need for special ****-sausage bags and your house doesn't smell like a litter box. It makes life a lot easier.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Congrats! That's great! Life as you know it is over! :)

Enjoy some free time (range time, etc.) on your own. Alone time or time with the guys will be scarce later.

Spend some extra quality time with the wife (now is a great time for a weekend getaway, etc.). It'll give you some fond memories to fall back on when you are both short on sleep and short on patience (remember when we went to the beach, just the two of us...).

Start lining up the babysitting and get it in writing...

All that being said its going to be an adventure!

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    Looks like we will be having kids around the same time. I have my first coming around dec 2nd.

From what people tell me, get rest now. Go try out car seats, since you'll have two, I suggest the lightest on the market. Peg perrigo makes one around 8 lbs. Graco makes one 7.5 lbs but Graco also has the most recalls.

US Infidel

TRUST NO ONE
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 30, 2012
    Earth
    Strollers, get one that sits one behind the other as opposed to side by side. That will work better going through isles at the store.

2011Corvette

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 27, 2011
    Louisiana Swamp (BR)
    As the little ones grow, they will want YOU to be their hero in life. Spend time with them and be that hero for them.

If you don't have the time, don't worry. They will find another hero to follow. That hero might be someone like snoop dog dog or one like him.

All they will want from you is your time and that's free. Don't miss this opportunity.

Spend time with them, take them to Church every Sunday, and pray!

This is the best advice I recieved when I became a father. My 3 are 26, 22, and 20 now and I have been truly blessed.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    And it's twins!

Congrats, brother!

Jan, over at Javran gear, made a prototype diaper duty bag. If/When I ever have children, I'd buy one in a hearbeat! It has insulated bottle storage, diaper/magazine carriers, and a baby changing mat! :rofl:

11203119_1054089944619882_3210841222783142511_n.jpg
    10421209_1054089947953215_4083872876179928571_n.jpg

10653762_1054093907952819_8329685260873359488_n.jpg
    17089_1054090094619867_8465304500461697291_n.jpg

Pas Tout La

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 12, 2012
    Droite La
    Congrats! Mine two are 3 and 8 months. I enjoy every minute of it. It's worth all the missed hunting and fishing trips now cause I'll have 2 partners to bring with me later.

Start buying diapers NOW. most people buy way too many accessories and unneeded items. Stay away from the "gimmicky" items. Money may be tight having two. NEVER LET THEM GET USED TO SLEEPING IN YOUR BED. When it's time for them to go to bed, let them cry. They will eventually fall asleep.

Strollers, get one that sits one behind the other as opposed to side by side. That will work better going through isles at the store.

It's like you read my mind. That's everything I wanted to say.

Law1911

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    Denham Springs
    My boy/girl twins just turned six months.

Good luck. I hope you have lots of help.

If you can make it past 2 months without killing your baby mamma you are golden.

But seriously let me know if you have any questions.

Congrats! I have boy/girl twins that will be one on Friday. It's been a lot of work, but it's been a great experience. My best advice is keep them on the same schedule from day one, and learn to feed to babies at the same time! haha

Top Bottom