Going to build first ar what are the best web sites for parts Thanks

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • returningliberty

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    Hammond, LA
    Websites are not always the best place to get parts. generally you save More money by looking around locally.
    Ex- I got my stripped RRA lower from S&S (slidell) for $78, MY CAA stock kit for about 80, a delton complete upper for about 440 at the old LA reload, a parts kit from Jims for less than 70 (RRA, i got a good deal on it), and a magpul BUIS (rear) from Heberts for like, 45.
    Total was right around 800. cheapest way to get all that stuff online for me was about a hundred more. Now though, you can find a bas model Full AR for cheaper than you can build it in most cases.
    As for a website, look at cheaperthandirt.com and midwayusa.com

oscar615

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    SE LA
    Palmetto state armory, Cold Hand Arms, Spikes Tactical.

Bravo company, and Ranier are good, but pricey. Gun shows usually have junk parts. Look at ar15.com, the industry sponsors have good deals or sales. You can always find good deals on that site.

Right now Cold hand has a complete Delton upper for $299.00, complete rifle kit w/o lower for $469.00 and a complete kit with lower for $609. That complete kit with lower is what I bought on a sale for around $500 eight months back. I just checked their site and those prices are for real, right now. May have to pick up another upper myself for that price. As I picked up 3 lowers recently on sale at Palmetto for $57.00 each and they are waiting for uppers.

The internet IS the best place to find deals because you have so many companies to choose from.

Last edited:

f350drvr

Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jun 16, 2008
    NOLA
    All of the ones mentioned above, and i have used dsgarms.com for some magpul stock kits. They usually have a free shipping code if you search arfcom. palmetto state has lower build kits, parts kits, and rifle kits that are priced pretty low.

slowhandlukem

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    lafayette to Houston
    Palmetto state armory, Cold Hand Arms, Spikes Tactical. Bravo company, and Ranier are good, but pricey. Gun shows usually have junk parts. Look at ar15.com, the industry sponsors have good deals or sales. You can always find good deals on that site.

Right now Cold hand has a complete Delton upper for $299.00, complete rifle kit w/o lower for $469.00 and a complete kit with lower for $609. That complete kit is what I bought on a sale for around $500 eight months back. I just checked their site and those prices are for real, right now.. I built my first with a Delton upper and Spikes lower with a full kit from them for less than $500.00 May have to pick up another myself for that price. As I picked up 3 lowers recently on sale at Palmetto for $57.00 each and they are waiting for uppers.

The internet IS the best place to find deals because you have so many companies to choose from.

That is w/o charging handle or BCG $299 + #$120BCH+ $25Ch = $445+_shipping $25 $470 for a delton ..I would pass.For that you can get a better quality upper for less $$$

Ex- I got my stripped RRA lower from S&S (slidell) for $78,???????? WHere is this at.I will buy every one of them for that price !!!! Thanks

oscar615

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    SE LA
    Well it's $120 for both BCG and CH combined. And I think I saw the shipping was $10.00 somewhere. Though I could be wrong about that.

As far as RRA., I consider them in the same class as DTI. Neither are Colt, DD or even BCM. But both are getting closer as they are being forced to by the market. My DTI upper has performed flawlessly with about 1000 through it so far. Has chromed chamber/barrel, chromed BCG, and all the right parts were staked, MPI tested, etc. And for $500+ shipping, when I bought it on sale, it was real hard to beat.

I got the lowers at Palmetto state armory. It was $50.00 +7 for shipping each. Or sometimes they say $57 and free shipping. Same thing though. The sale is over now, Labor Day, but if you watch them or AR15.com you will see when the next one comes up. They have them pretty often

Last edited:

Crimson

Hk convert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    Monroe, La
    www.joeboboutfitters.com www.aimsurplus.com www.brownells.com www.riflegear.com

For Brands I trust

Spike's Tactical
    Daniel Defense
    Noveske
    Stag
    Palmetto State Armory
    La Rue

This is my suggestion for an inexpensive ar-15 that will be very good

Spike's blem reciever from aimsurplus $70
    Spike's lpk for aimsurplus $60
    Spike's bcg $110 at joeboboutfitters
    Spike's upper reciever $90
    stock and buffer assembly at aimsurplus $40
    charging handle at brownells $15
    stag barrel assembly $250
    2 pmags $30

Total $665 plus shipping and ffl

If you don't have tool's to assemble I'm sure someone here will help If your up north I have everything needed.

Also www.coldhandarms.com will occasionally have "rifle kits" in stock for $525

Crimson

Hk convert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    Monroe, La
    or you could just order this

Brownells- Complete Spike's Tactical m4/le carbine upper $499
    AimSurplus- Spike's Blem reciever $70
    Spike's Lpk $65
    Stock with buffer assembly $40

total $674 plus shipping and ffl

hunterjwm

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    Thanks for the sites. I would like to Build a rifle in $1000-1200 price range with capabilities to stretch out to 400 yard. I really want a a fluted barrel and free-floating hand guard. I am starting from scratch except for a dannel defense m 16 BCG. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

returningliberty

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    Hammond, LA
    Why fluted barrel and free float tube? You want heat dissipation And more accuracy?

A fluted barrel is not going to provide you the same kind of accuracy as a Hbar (barrel harmonics), therefore negating the need for a free float tube (IMO). On top of that, a stock AR is most likely more accurate than you are, especially without a two stage trigger and match sights.

Now you're talking about getting up there in price.
    Do more research than just reading suppliers websites, you'll learn a lot about the platform.
    For example: my AR's current build-
    RRA lower
    RRA LPK
    Delton upper a3
    Delton BCG
    RRA A2 stock (for stability)
    BCM gunfighter (mod3) charging H
    RRA NM carry handle
    YHM 20" Hbarrel 1:7 twist
    BCM milspec front sight post
    RRA NM front sight.

My barrel is not free floated, but I can hit targets @ 300m All Day Long, and have used it @ 600m effectively.

What more do you want?

Crimson

Hk convert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    Monroe, La
    Be sure to use a name brand lower cheaper lowers even on nice builds tend to kill resale value, atleast from my experience, also if your ocd about the small things be sure your upper and lower come from the same company and were produced around the same time. Otherwise color or exterior mil positioning may not line up. If you want to save some money on your upper/lower most companies have cosmetic blem. in stock. But you will have to call

Cajun_arShooter

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    Metairie, SeLa
    I'm going to have to disagree with returninggilbert on almost everything , buy what you want and what makes you happy , just make sure that you are informed on what you are aiming for no point intended .
    There are bunch of companies out there that have great products but what makes them great? In my opinion is accuracy of what's in stock because let's face it nobody wants a product that's back ordered or not available , also good selection of quality products there are a lot of places that will sell junk just to make a dollar ,for me fast shipping is a must and then if its cheap even better .
    So for me the "best" place is Rainierarms.com other than that bravocompanyusa.com is also really nice but sometimes they are out of stock on a lot of their inventory ,IMO look into Rainier first , 7$ fixed shipping so you will save if you order a lot ,I've always received everything I order in 3 business days without a fail. (nothing personal Gilbert )

Top Bottom