Going to Texas!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • returningliberty

Nov 8, 2009
    Hammond, LA
    Hey guys, I wanted to post this here Before next month so I didn't cause any alarm:

It looks like I found a real job (yay!) for when I graduate in July, but it's in Texas so I'll be going there. Therefore, I won't be doing the CHP thing here anymore (obviously). I'm not going to scheduling anymore classes, and I'll be closing down the website sometime within the next few days.

The Jul 27 SIRT class is of course still going forward, you guys all have directions and times. IF you're nervous about not picking up your SIRT until then, I totally understand and can meet you wherever you'd like so you can hang on to it, or you can pick it up there at the class.

I want to thank everyone here for your support and business, I've loved every minute of teaching my students and as soon as I'm certified in Texas (or wherever I get sent, that's a possibility), I'll be starting over. This has been a wonderful and unique experience and I want to thank you all for allowing me to teach what I've learned over the last 6 years. Thank you!

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    May 18, 2009
    Good for you man- good luck with your new "gig"! :cheers:

And remember to keep in touch, on here- we can always use another agent in Tejas to keep us informed on what's kicking with the gun scene, over there....:thumbsup:

S&W4ME

I'm kind of a big deal
    Sep 7, 2009
    Walker, LA
    Good luck Matt. Hope to see you at some Texas USPSA matches

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I437 using Tapatalk 2

returningliberty

Nov 8, 2009
    Hammond, LA
    Thanks guys. It's likely I'll be in Houston, at least initially. It's not a 100% sure thing, but it's probable enough that I dont want to schedule the next 6 months of classes and buy another year's worth of insurance/adverts/etc if I probably won't even be here.

I'm hoping to at least get connected in the gun scene over there, even if I don't pick the CHP thing up again.

hpcatx

Aug 16, 2012
    Greater New Orleans Area
    Might I suggest getting to know some of the folks over at TexasCHLForum.com. I was in Texas for over fifteen years before moving back home. Good folks. If there's any place to be outside of our fair state, it's Texas.

Top Bottom