Gold dot 124gr 9mm's - standard or +P?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rm105629

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2011
    Houston
    It's time to replenish my HD ammo, and I've been using gold dots in 124gr +p. I've come across a decent deal for standard pressure 124gr's. Is there a difference in performance between the two? Should I just stick with the +p? I'm not much of an expert with HD ammo, so I'll appreciate any input from those with more knowledge and experience. :hs:

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    It's time to replenish my HD ammo, and I've been using gold dots in 124gr +p. I've come across a decent deal for standard pressure 124gr's. Is there a difference in performance between the two? Should I just stick with the +p? I'm not much of an expert with HD ammo, so I'll appreciate any input from those with more knowledge and experience. :hs:

The 124+P Gold Dot has an advantage when shooting through steel or safety glass. Other than that the results are very similar in Gel, Heavy Cloth, Wallboard and Plywood.
    Both are excellent rounds.

rocketsteve

Florida Cracker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 15, 2012
    Nowhere

Standard pressure should be fine, as long as your gun barrel is at least 4"...

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    I use both +p and standard. Depends on the gun. On my smaller guns I use standard, due to recoil and follow up. Not including the smaller guns aren't usually rated for +p. I also use the 147 gr in my full sized pistols

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cajuntiger84
    Top Bottom