Gonzales Police Flee from Gonzales Police

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    I happen to know for a fact that someone one here went through that exact same area on Hwy 30 today doing well over 60 and did not get stopped.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    I think this was VERY poor judgement. The other responding officer could have crashed and killed himself or innocent civilians. I do like the part where the chief verbally reprimanded the driver for not stopping.

Tim67

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 20, 2010
    EBR
    This still baffles me. The chief thought it was a prank?! city tax paid car, gas and employee wasting funds as a prank?

So after a couple other cars got involved he said "hmmm, maybe this is serious"

In some jurisdictions, Chiefs of Police are elected officials who actually need to convince the public that they will do quality work; in others, they are political appointees who can easily be the very dumbest members of the departments they oversee. I wonder which of those categories Gonzales is in?

Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    I think this was VERY poor judgement. The other responding officer could have crashed and killed himself or innocent civilians. I do like the part where the chief verbally reprimanded the driver for not stopping.

As opposed to what he probably said at the time.

Which was "Quick! Turn here!"

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    In some jurisdictions, Chiefs of Police are elected officials who actually need to convince the public that they will do quality work; in others, they are political appointees who can easily be the very dumbest members of the departments they oversee. I wonder which of those categories Gonzales is in?
    He's definitely an elected official. He ran against my good friend for the position.

melisa

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 27, 2006
    Gonzales
    Jackson needs to be kicked out. From what I heard he gets what he wants or the officer gets his motorcycle taken away, or put on a weird schedule. This guy is an ass. His family members get away with speeding and dark tint all day long. He sucks.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    Jackson needs to be kicked out. From what I heard he gets what he wants or the officer gets his motorcycle taken away, or put on a weird schedule. This guy is an ass. His family members get away with speeding and dark tint all day long. He sucks.

Wonder what happened or going to happen to the person that leaked the story? Crossing Guard?

simplepeddler

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 30, 2010
    Saint Amant
    Having had dealt with both in both personal and professional settings (I run a sizable business in Gonzales) I can tell you that my experience is different than what
    is being reported. I am not burdened with all the facts, much like the rest here, but Sherman Jackson is more of a gentleman than Anderson ever has been.

Again, just my personal opinion. But in every first hand face to face I've had with Anderson, he comes across as a smarta$$. Seems like he feels he is "owed"
    something.

I don't vote in the area, so I don't have a dog in the fight. But I know quite a few of the guys on that force and can tell you from the guys I speak with, many feel the same about both guys as I do.

Top Bottom