Good bye

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bosco

We are the hammer
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Covington
    I thought, well that's true.

Then read,

and then thought 'This is exactly why'.

Before you begin any discussion this is your precept in thinking. Really not possible to have a discussion with someone of the opposite view with a presuppositional assumption like that.

Personally I don't care to have these discussions anymore over the internet b/c they are absolutely an enormous waste of time.

It's so hard for people to just accept other peoples philosophy and opinions on things that happen way before any of us were around. I mean look, no one even said anything about Science or Religion and you were the first to bring it up. Why? Is it that hard to NOT say something negative or condescending? That's rhetorical BTW ;)

later....

Take what I said however you want to take it. It's a statement based on experience trying to talk about science on this forum in the past. It's left a bad taste in a lot of people's mouths who would love to have intelligent discussion on the matter and I'm pretty sure a major factor in why there's so little discussion in Tom's threads/forum.

Pocket

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Sewanee, TN
    I Read the Science post everyday because im very interested in that subject. I just have never commented as there is nothing of value I can add to the great articles. I hope you continue to at least post sometimes in the science section so I don't have to search all over the Internet to find that stuff:mamoru:Take care and thank you.

I will miss your posts as well and hope you will still post one every now and then. I opened every one I came across and most of the time I say to myself, where does he find all this cool stuff? Best of wishes Mr. Tom.

usmc-nav

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Tom I also enjoyed your post. I believe I read the majority. You are a class act and hope to see another post in the future. Good luck and God bless.

BOSS351

CZech It Out
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    Prairieville
    Thanks Tom for posting loads of astronomy pics and articles for us to read. Some of us are star gazers and I know we appreciated what you brought to the table. Hope you do come back for a visit every once in a while just to see if things are any different than they are now. Keep you eyes to the sky Tom!!! There is always something new up there!!!

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    I Read the Science post everyday because im very interested in that subject. I just have never commented as there is nothing of value I can add to the great articles. I hope you continue to at least post sometimes in the science section so I don't have to search all over the Internet to find that stuff:mamoru:Take care and thank you.
    This +1. Thanks and don't be a stranger.

RyanW

Koch-head
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Well this sucks. I was looking forward to your post about ISON the "Comet of the Century" when that finally rolled around later this year.

jjb5730

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 21, 2012
    Pierre Part
    I too enjoyed your posts..I have commented on one or two but like someone else mentioned, I usually pass it on and enjoy for a lack of anything better to add...feel free to stop by on occasion..well wishes sir.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

blackboltss

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    Slidell
    that sucks. I have enjoyed your post and have learned a few things from them. I never commented because I have a lack of knowledge in the subjects so I didn't feel I could add anything intelligent to the post :(. Good luck brother

Quickdraw22

I SPEAK DA THUGG!1!
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 18, 2007
    Sulphur, Louisiana
    Wait out the bull - I would intentionally read your threads because it was guaranteed to have substance. If you haven't noticed, you aren't getting any "About time, don't let the door hit you" posts like 99% of the other people who have said farewell.

Seriously, give it a few months and then check back in. It's nice to actually have SOMEONE posting useful knowledge on here...

goteron

Unity Tactical
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Houma, LA
    Tom, I enjoyed your posts as well.

You should start a blog, I would follow it, and I am sure there would be a ton of people here that would as well.

Good luck!

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Tom it has been Terrific, but I can appreciate your feelings regarding BS. It certainly has changed during the time I have been a membeer and I share your point of view in many ways. I have enjoyed your input regarding the astrophysical wonderments. Wishing you the best.

Rick

I can't say i blame you with some of the stuff on here lately, and thanks for the great posts and links!

What are you guys talking about? If you see a thread post that has subject matter you are interested in, you click on it. If not, you don't. This is a forum on the internet that highlights firearms related information, it's not Amazon.com!?!

What exactly do you folks see that is different? Is it because less people blindly agree with your way of thinking? If you don't care who has the best muffelatta, don't hit the thread! If you don't want to buy or look at the Highpoint .45 ACP NIB, don't!

Sure, there are some nutjobs on here; but if they appear to have nothing informative to say, just discount it and move to another topic. Hell, this guy (Jeremy), has more subjects on this forum than the pretender!

BTW; I understood almost everything Tom T. was posting! I looked at the speactacular photos, and moved on. When I wanted to read about it, he provided the link.

Freedom of choice! Right?

Captain_Morgan

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Tom, I'm very sorry to hear this. I found myself reading your posts daily. Unfortunately, I didn't comment on many just because I didn't have anything profound to add, just "cool" or the like.

I respect your decision and wish you well.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Sorry to hear that. You had some very interesting posts, to say the least.

Live long and prosper. :)

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Gordoloco
    Top Bottom