Good Guys Win One

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • krotsman

Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    The homeowner will be probably be arrested for the child having access to the gun. Well, maybe not here, but if we were in a norther or wester state, probably...

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    Odd how if a 12 year old defends himself or someone else with a weapon it’s considered a bad thing. But every day and night 12 year olds are involved with criminal activity include murder and armed robbery in $hit hole places like and that’s the norm. I’m hoping it was a Winchester rifle.

Last edited:

BlueShamu

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 21, 2015
    D'town
    Hero indeed! He was faced with protecting his family and did what every full grown man should do. Cudos to this young man. I hope he realizes that he did nothing wrong.

^^^^ This.

And the moment some ambulance chaser starts sniffing around, there needs to be some SERIOUS opposition brought to the attention of lawmakers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

davidd

Expert in the field of wife avoidance
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 9, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I realize being cynical is second nature to many of us during times like these, but I can personally assure everyone here, there won’t be no damn personal injury ******** lawsuit associated with this case.

flyboy

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 18, 2021
    Crowley, Louisiana
    I realize being cynical is second nature to many of us during times like these, but I can personally assure everyone here, there won’t be no damn personal injury ******** lawsuit associated with this case.

I hope you are correct but, are you willing to bet your life and the lives of your family on your statement? I sure would not bet mine or my family's lives! A lawyer will take on any case if they have a feeling they can make some money regardless if they and their client wins the case. Win or lose, the lawyer gets paid. And I assure you, lawyers make more per hour than an RN nurse does! ;) Unless the rate of pay for RN nurses have increased to $300 per hour or more lately!

Last edited:

AndyG

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 3, 2019
    Lafayette, LA

I'm with Magdump. Don't see the deceased's family ponying up the big bucks needed to attract a plaintiff attorney to this case. If by some strange miracle they do, can't imagine that attorney convincing any Louisiana jury that a kid heroically defending himself and his mom in their own home was somehow negligent or in the wrong.

Last edited:

flyboy

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 18, 2021
    Crowley, Louisiana
    I'm with Magdump. Don't see the deceased's family ponying up the big bucks needed to attract a plaintiff attorney to this case. If by some strange miracle they do, can't imagine that attorney convincing any Louisiana jury that a kid heroically defending himself and his mom in their own home was somehow negligent or in the wrong.
    I mostly agree but, have you seen all the ambulance chaser ads, commercials over the past few years? William Gee, Morris Bart, Galloway and Jeffcoat, Gordan McKernan and others? They will go after money like a cajun goes after prostitutes in a whore house on nickle night!

Last edited:

flyboy

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 18, 2021
    Crowley, Louisiana
    False. Win or lose, a defense attorney gets paid ;)

You are only partially correct. All attorneys regardless if plantiff or defendant attorneys gets paid regardless if they win or lose the case. I have had enough dealings with attorneys on both sides of the fence to know. None of them work or take on a case for free!

hkump

Rating - 100%
    315   0   0
    Jan 6, 2013
    Covington, LA
    https://www.wafb.com/2021/07/01/arm...leged-home-invasion-near-clinton-sheriff-says

It was my brother's kid and they are getting him some counseling. He's a Hero for saving his mom.

You tell your nephew that he's a hero for saving his mom and protecting his family. He's the son that we all want, someone who faces the threat and eliminates the threat to his family. I teach my boy about gun safety, when to use it, and if there's a threat to use it without fear. We should all teach our kids about the proper use of guns and when to use them. I wish your nephew the best in life. Hope all goes well for him.

Last edited:

AndyG

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 3, 2019
    Lafayette, LA
    Yes, of course. You'll notice those ads are aimed at parties injured (or "injured") through no fault of their own. Not one of the above would take your case if you rang them up and told them that you wanted to sue another driver for an accident that you caused.

AndyG

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 3, 2019
    Lafayette, LA
    You are only partially correct. All attorneys regardless if plantiff or defendant attorneys gets paid regardless if they win or lose the case. I have had enough dealings with attorneys on both sides of the fence to know. None of them work or take on a case for free!

Google "No Recovery, No Fee". I've worked many cases where plaintiff attorneys actually lose money. It is not uncommon for a plaintiff attorney to cover a client's medical bills, for example. If that attorney later gets zero'd in court, those sunk expenses are not always reimbursed/recovered. That's part of the risk in plaintiff work.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom