Good ole Allstate Insurance Co.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    Good ole Allstate Insurance Co.
    My girlfriends truck was at my house getting some work done so she rented one from on of the rental companies.
    This morning she was following another truck when that truck veered into the oncoming lane almost hitting the oncoming traffic.
    She then found out why he did it a damn garbage can was in the road and she hit it.

Now she called her Ins. agent at Allstate to notify them.

And the Agent told to take the truck back and not tell the rental co. that she hit the garbage can.
    She told him that was unethical and she doesn't live like that and that she doesn't lie.

I guess you're in good hands with Allstate. :nono:

Last edited:

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Her agent told her that?!? Yes, she needs to report him! She needs to call allstate corporate asap. I wonder what other advise he has given?
    Not that it would have worked anyway. All the rental places go over their cars before accepting them back.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    You should post the name of the agent. Might be worth knowing to some people.

Not all agents are like that.

If it was my agent I would have posted it.
    Her old agent that's she's had for over 20 years is no longer in business and I think they handed over her policy to this guy.

I don't know his name but if she tells me and ok's it I'll post it.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    Her agent told her that?!? Yes, she needs to report him! She needs to call allstate corporate asap. I wonder what other advise he has given?
    Not that it would have worked anyway. All the rental places go over their cars before accepting them back.

I agree when we picked up the truck we did the walk around with the guy and noted every detail on the truck.
    She did talked to a woman later to make a claim, I'll have to find out what she said about it, she did tell her.

Russo

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 9, 2008
    Raceland,LA
    Allstate is going do down the can. January 1st, 2013 there tpa for glass claims is switching from an independent agency to Safelite. Which means more steering and a threat to local business.

stormrider54

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    Dutchtown
    There is no way I'll ever use Allstate again.

Years ago they dropped me because of my age and lack of claims I was statistly due to have an accident therefore would not cover me any longer.
    Now I watch their commercials and laugh. Good Hands People? Yeah, right.

VeedUp

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Oct 15, 2007
    Destrehan, La.
    I guess that mayhem guy got her? Huh. It's really worth getting the rental insurance if you don't plan on being in the rental longer than a few days.

CrkdLtr

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    I've got Allstate and haven't had to make a claim since I've had them on my first vehicle at 16. Never had to drop it but I've been irked about the named storm deductible after Gustav and have been threatening to change to someone else. Looks like another reason to put on my list to drop them.

Thanks for sharing.

CrkdLtr

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    I still love the racoon in the attic and the pissed of teenage girl comercials :rofl: That stuff is FUNNY!

allstate-mayhem-raccoon.jpg

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    You should post the name of the agent. Might be worth knowing to some people.

Not all agents are like that.

+1, my agency kicks ass. I have Allstate and they just dropped me to a VERY nice rate this morning for my age and the cars I drive. Very pleased. She needs a different agent.

Jub Jub

Cadillac
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I have a good friend that owns a large collision repair shop in Baton Rouge. He says that all insurance companies are bad about paying claims but that Allstate is far worse than any of them. They are in a category all their own. I had Allstate for over ten years and the one time I had a claim I called my agent and he listened, then told me to call the 800 number and give them the information. That's when I left.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    I have a good friend that owns a large collision repair shop in Baton Rouge. He says that all insurance companies are bad about paying claims but that Allstate is far worse than any of them. They are in a category all their own. I had Allstate for over ten years and the one time I had a claim I called my agent and he listened, then told me to call the 800 number and give them the information. That's when I left.

The Allstate agency I was with offered to go to bat for me and pay for fixing my car and sue the other person's company to re-coup payment if they refused to pay one time when someone hit me and I was having trouble with their company even though they were 100% at fault.

Everyone has a personal experience. For example, USAA receives good ratings from many, but one of my friends (USMC) told them to screw off because htye were over-charging him, did not remove accidents from his record as they fell off, and when he called about it were snide and once he found that Geico would save him a ton of money vs. them and told them about it they began craw-fishing and trying to get him back, etc. etc. etc.

Total crap company if you listen to him. However, others LOVE USAA based on their JD Power ratings.

My advice is to form a personal relationship with WHOEVER you are with. That being said, State Farm would have charged me a TON more for that relationship than Allstate is. State Farm wanted $242/mo just for ONE of my cars. Allstate did both cars, and my renter's for $237, and today just dropped that to $212. They are family owned (this agent) and have always been very friendly and I feel like I can trust them to stand behind me as much as I could anyone else, if they were liable.

Last edited:

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Pretty sure it's unfair to slam the entire company(2nd largest personal insurance company in the nation) b/c of one Jackass Agent ;)

The only experience I have with them is when they sent me a $2,000 cash check for my inconvenient they sent it to me with the check to pay my medical bills from a woman who rear ended me. they seriously called it an inconvenience check. Probably b/c I could have sued the woman for no less than $80,000 according to a local lawyer.

I was 19, I took the $2,000 and partied like HELL that weekend in Ruston, LA!!! :mamoru:

Last edited:

TomTerrific

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    Centre, Ky
    I guess that mayhem guy got her? Huh. It's really worth getting the rental insurance if you don't plan on being in the rental longer than a few days.

USAA told me specifically that I was covered thru them when I drive a rental car and to refuse the insurance offered thru the rental agency.

Allstate is going do down the can. January 1st, 2013 there tpa for glass claims is switching from an independent agency to Safelite. Which means more steering and a threat to local business.

The insurance laws on glass coverage are a bit different here in the BlueGrass. I had my windshield replaced out in front of my home by Safelite. The kid that did it was really good and a local resident.

I will have been with USAA 50y in another month and have had one problem. I complained to the right people and it was taken care of. The trick I used is to tell the rep on the phone I am really aggravated and realize that they are not the one I am aggravated with, but please excuse me if I rant a bit. They are the ones that catch all the flak.

YMMV.
    :ninja:

RyanW

Koch-head
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I like Progressive, but I LOVE USAA. I've had one claim with them, it was for "vandilism" when my truck was broken into. Talk about a dream to take care of everything. They even set up appointments at all of my preferred shops to get each thing fixed.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eddie Landry
    Top Bottom