Good purse gun for gf

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JustinB

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Metairie
    I was thinking about getting my girlfriend a .22 just to keep in her purse and for when she goes walking. It just needs to be really compact. We looked at the p22 and its is a little too large for what she needs it for. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

GBob01

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 29, 2007
    the northshore
    Ladies model? Is that the one with the pink pearl grips?

The purse is not the best place for carry. That is what is usually targeted for theft. Really needs to be on her person, IMO.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    +1 for the Keltec P3AT.

If you insist on a .22, I've had a beretta M21 for years. Loaded w/ Stingers its not too bad. The advantage to it is that women have trouble racking the slides. The M21 has a tip up barrel.

flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    I was looking for the same thing for my wife. I was leaning towards a Tarus 24/7 9mm. or .380 At first I thought about the Ruger LCP but they have a recall out on them. I just read a revew of the Kel Tec P3AT and it sounds very impressive as well as thier customer service.

Cajun_Chuck

Premium Certified Cajun
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    There are a few decent priced purses for your GF on here. My wife uses her regular purse (saddle bag :mamoru:) to hold most of her stuff. I just got her a TT Pancake holster for her new Sig239 to sit on her hip for the fall/winter time. She likes it, but needs a little better belt for it now.

There are some awesome, quality purses for ladies out there, but you (or her) gonna pay out the wazoo for them. Make sure she's the one before you spend 1K on a nice pistol & purse. ;) That would make a pretty sweet rifle for you!

JustinB

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Metairie
    There are a few decent priced purses for your GF on here. My wife uses her regular purse (saddle bag :mamoru:) to hold most of her stuff. I just got her a TT Pancake holster for her new Sig239 to sit on her hip for the fall/winter time. She likes it, but needs a little better belt for it now.

There are some awesome, quality purses for ladies out there, but you (or her) gonna pay out the wazoo for them. Make sure she's the one before you spend 1K on a nice pistol & purse. ;) That would make a pretty sweet rifle for you!

I just got her a coach purse for our anniversary and there is no way she's going to give that up now. :rofl:

Yeah I like the P3AT, Ruger LCP, and bobcat.

I may get one for myself too.

Boolie

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    South Louisiana
    I carry a S&W j-frame snub nose 357 in my Coach purse. It fits in the side pocket just fine. My husband plans on getting me a "concealed purse" for christmas, but they are indeed costly. And yes, she definately needs to get her CCL if not already done.

cajun 22

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Houma, LA
    I have to agree with Narco on this one. Me deep carry gun is a S&W 642. This could be fired from inside a purse or coat pocket as demonstrated in my ccw class. No hammer to snag and all you have to think about is "pull the trigger".

WB5QBK

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 16, 2008
    Caddo Parish
    There are a few decent priced purses for your GF on here.

The draw depicted in the video would get you disqualified from an NRA personal protection class. The model sweeps her arm with the muzzle. The preferred method would be to turn the weak side toward the assailant(blade the body), access and grip the pistol, then pull the purse away and rearward, then move the firearm forward into firing position while joining the weak hand after the muzzle is forward of the weak hand.

Hope this keeps someone from injuring oneself.

AngryFish

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    My ultimate discreet carry piece (which fits under the "better than nothing" title) is an NAA Pug in .22 magnum. I carry it in a senkbeil leather works pocket holster and its pretty potent for such a light piece. But then again its meant as a last ditch pressed against assailants neck gun.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cajuntiger84
    Top Bottom