Good Things Happen To Good People......YEAH< RIGHT!!!!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    http://gawker.com/child-molester-becomes-millionaire-child-molester-1669637710

Florida's newest millionaire is a 43-year-old 450-pound convicted child molester who finally caught a break this week when he won a multi-million dollar scratch-off jackpot.

Lottery is a curse more often than a blessing. I wouldn't want to win, and I don't care to win- so i don't play.

The association between lottery winners and bankruptcy is well documented. If you can't manage money on your salary, you dang sure can't manage money on 100x your salary. Money is one of those things you get, or ya don't. If you play the lottery, I argue that ya don't. /soap box

People are mad because their $2.00 investment on triple-lightning-strike odds returned zero as usual, and the winner is a sex offender. Hard to take it serious.

Last edited:

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Lottery is stupid anyway imo. If you've been in these shoes or done some research on the subject - it's a curse more often than a blessing. I wouldn't want to win, and I don't care to win- so i don't play.

If you spend 5 bucks a week in lotto tickets, and you've never won you're out XXXX dollars. I've already won more than you by simply not playing.

The association between lottery winners and bankruptcy is well documented. If you can't manage money on your salary, you dang sure can't manage money on 100x your salary. Money is one of those things you get, or ya don't. If you play the lottery, I argue that ya don't. /soap box

What do you mean??? Just think of all the friends and relatives you'd discover that you never knew you had! :dogkeke:

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    What do you mean??? Just think of all the friends and relatives you'd discover that you never knew you had! :dogkeke:

the best service you could give them would be: your goal is to get debt free within 10 years. on that day, I'll give you 250,000 bucks as a reward.

I'm not saying it'd be a well received offer... but it'd change their lives. I'd equate giving someone buried in debt a million bucks to giving someone that's never fired a gun an automatic weapon. The documented result is eerily the same.

Last edited:

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    the best service you could give them would be: your goal is to get debt free within 10 years. on that day, I'll give you 250,000 bucks as a reward.

I'm not saying it'd be a well received offer... but it'd change their lives.

Of course I was joking.:p A person should prepare themselves to face scammers- and worse- coming at them from all angles, in that situation. There have even been some cases of things such as kidnappings for ransom, etc. with former lottery "winners".

I agree with you. Be very careful what you wish for. Unexpected issues can be a killer.

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    heh I knew you were joking. I just left a financial seminar (i do one annually for my company) and I'm still pissed at what I heard, so this thread rang a bell.

One lady joked "I keep praying and playing the lottery but it aint happening...." - maybe thats because He is giving you what you need, not what you want...

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Yep- she sounds somewhat discouraged, Wabbit. :dogkeke:

Last edited:

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    If you happen to win the lottery, immediately put that money in offshore accounts and disappear for a couple years.

Dave Ramsey's advice on winning the lotto: If you happen to win the lottery and are not already out of debt and investing nicely, you need someone smarter with money than you are. Hire a reputable CPA immediately, and tell yourself you aren't spending anything from the winnings for 30 days.

That's the best start I could recommend for that nightmare.

(FYI, he does advocate investing offshore- and for good reason)

olivs260

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Geismar, LA
    Dave Ramsey's advice on winning the lotto: If you happen to win the lottery and are not already out of debt and investing nicely, you need someone smarter with money than you are. Hire a reputable CPA immediately, and tell yourself you aren't spending anything from the winnings for 30 days.

That's the best start I could recommend for that nightmare.

(FYI, he does advocate investing offshore- and for good reason)

This. That amount of money people get when they win the lottery is just not something they can comprehend. I'd hire somebody with a lot more experience with dealing with huge sums of money to take care of it for me. Tell him you get x% of the account value every year, and work out some kind of salary to pay me. Oh, and don't tell ANYONE. Go do fun stuff when you'd normally be at work so that hopefully they don't figure it out.

thatguy

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 17, 2011
    Franklinton, La
    I loved some of the comments at the end of the article. One referenced him giving up $800k to take the lump sum. They noted he still couldn't resist jumping on things prematurely.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    http://gawker.com/child-molester-becomes-millionaire-child-molester-1669637710

Florida's newest millionaire is a 43-year-old 450-pound convicted child molester who finally caught a break this week when he won a multi-million dollar scratch-off jackpot.

His friends tell reporters his good fortune was probably karma.

"He's a very positive person. Very kind. Giving. I think that's why he won. It's Christmastime and the dude deserves a break."

Particularly when he was giving it to those two kids!

He did his time, so I guess he should slide; BUT THE RECITIVISM RATE IS OFF THE CHART (almost 93%), on these offenders! If he hasn't re-offended yet; my guess he will soon!

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    His friends tell reporters his good fortune was probably karma.

"He's a very positive person. Very kind. Giving. I think that's why he won. It's Christmastime and the dude deserves a break."

Particularly when he was giving it to those two kids!

He did his time, so I guess he should slide; BUT THE RECITIVISM RATE IS OFF THE CHART (almost 93%), on these offenders! If he hasn't re-offended yet; my guess he will soon!

unfortunately- you're right. he will re-offend. the only fixes for that are a 5x9 for life, or a bullet. But so what- every pedophile will reoffend, lottery winners or not. Society is okay with letting these guys walk, so who are we to say otherwise.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom