Google HD Satellite View 2013

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 3fifty7

CoonAss
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Bunkie
    :doh:

/

Just talked to a guy who said he saw a Google Cam Car in Lafayette two weeks ago. Sound slike they may be getting an update soon too.

Now that you mention it a say a Google car driving around Bunkie 2-3 weeks ago with a big ass orange soccer ball looking thing on the roof. I kinda thought it may be a mapping program or something but quickly forgot about it too.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    :doh:

/

Just talked to a guy who said he saw a Google Cam Car in Lafayette two weeks ago. Sound slike they may be getting an update soon too.

I was behind one on Joor in BR a couple of weeks ago....It turned left on Greenwell Street headed straight for Glen Oaks.

I hope they made it.

FTRrookie

Freedom Not Free Stuff
    Rating - 98.6%
    68   1   0
    Apr 25, 2009
    Houma, la
    They definitely update at different times. in my house view I can see the van that I traded in in March. My work location, which is only 4 miles away also shows my van. Wait a minute!!! I remember now! I was in 2 places at once that day!

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    Farmerville
    Streetview has the month and year it was taken listed at the bottom left of the images. Sat view only has a copyright year.

Our local satellite in my area was updated a few weeks ago with images from late March or early April. I know this because I can see the disk attached to my tractor, and the rows formed in my garden. I kept the ddates of when I planted what in my garden. Some of my co-workers spotted the streetview car up here in the past couple of months but the new images haven't hit the interwebs yet.

Yes, I'm a big Google map nerd. Even a editor in Google Map Maker.

Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    If i saw that car coming my way I would have a very hard time not doing something that I am sure would be punishable by at least 6 month.

sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    I think they update more often for different areas depending on the popularity of the place. The shot of my house is atleast a few months old.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Our local satellite in my area was updated a few weeks ago with images from late March or early April. I know this because I can see the disk attached to my tractor, and the rows formed in my garden. I kept the ddates of when I planted what in my garden.

That seems to be the average dates I'm hearing.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Here is my scenario: If I display my house at mid enlargement, it also is fairly current as in this Spring. However, when I zoom all the way in; the image is older during Winter and it is a least 2 Winters ago?!? :confused:

Am I doing something wrong, or is anyone else having similar issues?
    I think I read somewhere once that some of the closer aerial photos are taken by planes as opposed to satellites. It seems like it would be quicker and easier to take the satellite photos so that could be why some of the lesser zoomed in ones are more recent.

Edit: Street view for my neighborhood is March of 2011.

Last edited:

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    What's interesting is the french quarter. Either they picked a bright sunny day when no one was there or they air brushed out the people! Bourbon St, in front of the aquarium, Decatur, etc. No one was there! I want to know when that was! No crowds, easy parking... no waiting for a table!

andimthejr

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    westbank
    Mine has been updated since hurricane issac hence I have a big blue tarp on my roof in the image so for me in between August 29 and dec 23 2012

Top Bottom