got 2 guns as gifts. would like some knowledge.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ZombieHuntr

Out the box....
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    East Baton Rouge
    So the wife's dad pulls me aside this morning, and says he says a couple things he wants to give me and Ashley for christmas. We walk into his bedroom, and he hands me a Ruger blackhawk .44 Mag and tells me this is for me. Be safe, add it to the collection and enjoy.
    IMG_20121220_111239_819.jpg

Then he takes this .204 Ruger chambered CZ 527 Varmint rifle out the closet and says " Here ya go, give this to Ashley and teach her how to shoot with it. I couldn't believe it. I was speechless. Its got a weaver scope on it that feels pretty solid. The front of the scope has distance settings that you can turn to on your own from 30ft to 400yds. I'm not very educated on the hunting side of rifles and scopes. Any knowledge you guys may be able to share would be awesome.
    IMG_20121220_110401_804.jpg

Sorry for the bad cell phone pics. It's the only camera I have right now.

Last edited:

ZombieHuntr

Out the box....
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    East Baton Rouge
    My uncle mickey was a vietnam veteran who died a few years ago. at the funeral it was given to my mother since she was the only living next of kin and he wasn't married. my mom can't handle looking at it every day, so she asked me to have it since I was his closest nephew and he taught me alot as a child.

Last edited:

LaBelle

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Near Natchitoches
    Excellent guns.
    That Blackhawk can shoot not only .44 mag, but .44 Special as well. Jacketed hollowpoints to shotshells!
    You won't have to shoot just heavy thumping loads. And with it stainless, a great truck/boat gun.

The CZ 527 is another well-made rifle. I like CZs! The .204 cartridge you probably won't find down at Cletus' Gas-Grub-N-Bait, but Walmart might have some, most regular gunshops should have some. It will be a good little deer gun!

Congrats!

Last edited:

2011Corvette

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 27, 2011
    Louisiana Swamp (BR)
    Very nice father in law and what he has given you is something that means a lot to him. He must think a lot of you to give you something so special.

Hang on to these FOREVER! Even if you never shoot them, don't sell them. Keep them in his memory.

I have seen others receive gifts like this and then sell what meant so much to the person that gave it to them. I hate to see that happen.

(Just my 2 cents)

ZombieHuntr

Out the box....
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    East Baton Rouge
    Very nice father in law and what he has given you is something that means a lot to him. He must think a lot of you to give you something so special.

Hang on to these FOREVER! Even if you never shoot them, don't sell them. Keep them in his memory.

I have seen others receive gifts like this and then sell what meant so much to the person that gave it to them. I hate to see that happen.

(Just my 2 cents)

yeah, I think ashley would shoot them at me if i even thought about selling em! lol.

Last edited:

ZombieHuntr

Out the box....
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    East Baton Rouge
    So to my surprise, academy carries the .204 ruger round. Wasn't expecting a big box store to carry an oddball round but I wasn't looking either. I happened to notice 2 boxes on the shelf, so I snagged em. Now to find a outdoor range and put some lead down the pipe.
    IMG_20121224_131034_405.jpg

Monaco

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2012
    New Orleans
    The .44 is probably worth $100, but I'll be kind enough to give you $200 for it ;)

(keep that **** dude)

Last edited:
    Top Bottom