Got a new ride yesterday.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SimpleGreen

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    Livingston, LA
    Traded 2012 V6 Camaro in last night on another Camaro in Hammond. I've been having a urge for the other two cylinders lately. The deal came out fair, so I jumped. The new one is going to stay at the house mostly as I will be driving my '93 Chevy pickup to and from work (20 miles round trip).

I'm super excited as this was practically a dream car when they came out with the 1LE package for the SS cars.

Old ride:

2012 1LT. Had some little bolt on 'performance' mods and some cosmetic stuff.

New ride:

2013 1SS (LS3 V8) w/ the 1LE Track Peformance Package which consists of wheels, tires, sway bars, struts, springs, wheel bearings, trailing arms, matte hood, spoiler, and front air splitter, plus a TR6060 close ratio manual trans and 3.91 rear gears. 5th and 6th were left long so it still has excellent highway manner. About 24 MPG at 75. No other options though the previous owner added Borla axle back exhaust that sounds really freakin nice. Not loud, just a good smooth tone, and Katzkins leather upholstery as this car came with cloth. Also Inferno Orange door accents.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I guess I should read instead of look at pics haha. What's the 0-60?

--Sent From My Galaxy S4

SimpleGreen

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    Livingston, LA
    Now thats nice, congrats

Seems so...

Sweet car man.
    Thanks guys. I love it.

I guess I should read instead of look at pics haha. What's the 0-60?

--Sent From My Galaxy S4

With me driving, probably not very fast, lol. I have driven manual trans cars before, but its been a long time and nothing compared to this. I'm getting used to it though. It's like riding a bike. Picked it up last night and today I'm already doing a lot better. Baby steps.

FORman

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 3, 2012
    Lafayette LA
    Thanks guys. I love it.

With me driving, probably not very fast, lol. I have driven manual trans cars before, but its been a long time and nothing compared to this. I'm getting used to it though. It's like riding a bike. Picked it up last night and today I'm already doing a lot better. Baby steps.

426 HP will make you look real bad, if you don't put the throttle in the right spot on the upshifts.

Last edited:

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    The 1LE suspension really does take the Camaro from "pony car" to "sports car" performance levels. It's laying down some very impressive lap times on a lot of tracks. Congrats!

ETA: If it's like the Corvette, something they don't tell you in the sales room or in any of the rags is how to "Tie yourself in" when hitting the corners. This works in a lot of American cars. I've done it in 'vettes and a Challenger. Dunno about the mustang or camaro, but I am pretty sure it works in the camaro, at least.

Take the seatbelt and adjust the lap portion tight but comfortable. Then take the shoulder portion and pull it all the way out until it stops. Give it a gentle little "pop" of a yank (nothing violent, please, just a tug), then slowly let it back in. You will hear it ratcheting. You can then pull it tight across yourself and it will hold solid and keep you tied in, along with pressure from your knees and your dead-pedal foot. It "goes back to normal" when you unlatch it, and let it continue to return to its normal "not in use" position, I believe. My Japanese crap doesn't have this feature, so I forget, but it never was an issue. Miss it greatly. It turns a 2-point into a very secure and useful driver aid.

All of this assumes that you drive correctly in a performance oriented manner with the seat nearly fully upright instead of like some thug making the block with it slouched back. Elbos should be bent at about a 45* angle with the hands at 9 and 3 on the wheel. Seat should be adjusted forward/back so that pedals are all comfortably in reach. Achieve it with seat angle and steering-wheel column adjustment.

That, plus tying yourself in, really helps you to DRIVE the car. That 1LE suspension is a real performer and can produce some serious lateral forces, and the brakes are very good.

Anyway, just a lot of stuff they didn't tell me when I bought my first true sports car until I went to Spring Mountain.

Last edited:

jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville
    The 1LE suspension really does take the Camaro from "pony car" to "sports car" performance levels. It's laying down some very impressive lap times on a lot of tracks. Congrats!

ETA: If it's like the Corvette, something they don't tell you in the sales room or in any of the rags is how to "Tie yourself in" when hitting the corners. This works in a lot of American cars. I've done it in 'vettes and a Challenger. Dunno about the mustang or camaro, but I am pretty sure it works in the camaro, at least.

Take the seatbelt and adjust the lap portion tight but comfortable. Then take the shoulder portion and pull it all the way out until it stops. Give it a gentle little "pop" of a yank (nothing violent, please, just a tug), then slowly let it back in. You will hear it ratcheting. You can then pull it tight across yourself and it will hold solid and keep you tied in, along with pressure from your knees and your dead-pedal foot. It "goes back to normal" when you unlatch it, and let it continue to return to its normal "not in use" position, I believe. My Japanese crap doesn't have this feature, so I forget, but it never was an issue. Miss it greatly. It turns a 2-point into a very secure and useful driver aid.

All of this assumes that you drive correctly in a performance oriented manner with the seat nearly fully upright instead of like some thug making the block with it slouched back. Elbos should be bent at about a 45* angle with the hands at 9 and 3 on the wheel. Seat should be adjusted forward/back so that pedals are all comfortably in reach. Achieve it with seat angle and steering-wheel column adjustment.

That, plus tying yourself in, really helps you to DRIVE the car. That 1LE suspension is a real performer and can produce some serious lateral forces, and the brakes are very good.

Anyway, just a lot of stuff they didn't tell me when I bought my first true sports car until I went to Spring Mountain.

You call getting choked out by the seatbelt, like every car in the world does, a feature? LOL

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    That is a very nice sports car. I like the total package. After the holidays I will be setting up a LLC and get a used car license. I plan on getting a slightly used (under 7000K) 2013 Boss 302. But have to get the license first. My plan is to find a deal on a sports car of my choice. Drive it a while and sell it for another. You avoid the LA sales tax and it is a write off.

VeedUp

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Oct 15, 2007
    Destrehan, La.
    That is a very nice sports car. I like the total package. After the holidays I will be setting up a LLC and get a used car license. I plan on getting a slightly used (under 7000K) 2013 Boss 302. But have to get the license first. My plan is to find a deal on a sports car of my choice. Drive it a while and sell it for another. You avoid the LA sales tax and it is a write off.

So what your saying is come see you when I'm ready for a sports car, right :D

03protege

#1 Stevel Spell II fan
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Mandeville
    My Japanese crap doesn't have this feature, so I forget, but it never was an issue. Miss it greatly. It turns a 2-point into a very secure and useful driver aid.

Lay your seat all the way back, buckle in, tighten lap, pop it (it's gotta have the safety catch), and just sit up into the belt. Once your chest is against the belt holding in place you can reach behind you to help pull the seat back into place.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    Lay your seat all the way back, buckle in, tighten lap, pop it (it's gotta have the safety catch), and just sit up into the belt. Once your chest is against the belt holding in place you can reach behind you to help pull the seat back into place.

It only activates when the brake is in play on my 370Z. I've tried popping the belt, maybe it needs some real violence?

Top Bottom