got made at walmart

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Witness

>Glock
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 4, 2008
    baton rouge
    i was grocery shopping at the walmart neighborhood market on the corner of old hammond and airline, bent down to put my case of bud light cans on the bottom on the cart and someone spotted my gat. at first i was kinda bummed b/c of my CCW fail, i quickly got over it and went about my business. the employee who "seent a gun" went and told her superior, who came and found me, by this time i had made my way to the tooth paste isle. nothing be came of it, i wasnt about to give any ID to the guy i simply asked if there was a weapon policy to which he did not have a clear answer, i offered to place it in the car but i was done shopping and only had to check out. nice enough guy, didnt really know much about anything though and i'm not the kind of person to try and "educate the sheep."

just thought i would share my CCW fail :cool:

jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville
    So you're saying they initiated you into La Cosa Nostra in Wal-Mart?

Weird...What did they do when you cut your hand and burned the picture of the saint? :D:D:D:mamoru::mamoru::mamoru:

W1nds0rF0x

Snap, Crackle, Pop.
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 8, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Took some balls for the guy to approach and ask you about it. Or an exceptional level of stupidity.

Since you COULD be a cop, You COULD be (are) licensed or COULD be thuggin and lovin it at which point the whole store could have been sprayed and everyone dead. Personally I think I'd have just said "I am licensed." and went about my business.

Oh and I went to that Wal-Mart once because if I don't goto the Super on Siegan, I many times goto the Albertson's across the street. I didn't like that teeny little enclosed parking lot with a lot of untrustworthy people milling around in it. I like the wide open lot that Albertson's has across the street much better.

Last edited:

XD-GEM

XD-GEM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    New Orleans
    Witness,
    Walmart's official policy is that they permit any form of carry that is legal in the state in which the store is located - unless the person causes a disruption to the store. By their own policy, the guy from Walmart who approached you should not have done so; but probably did not know how to handle the situation, as it is not part of the usual training for employees (higher level people ought to know it, however).

So if this happens again, feel free to blade at 45 degrees and back away. ;)

(Oh, and be glad this isn't Texas, where you might have been cited for "brandishing.")

XD-GEM

XD-GEM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    New Orleans
    brandishing?

Yes. In Texas, concealed carry is the only legal way to carry. In some jurisdictions (especially where the chief LEO is opposed to armed civilians), people have been charged with brandishing their weapon when it was accidentally exposed in the manner described in the OP or for simply printing.

W1nds0rF0x

Snap, Crackle, Pop.
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 8, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Yes. In Texas, concealed carry is the only legal way to carry. In some jurisdictions (especially where the chief LEO is opposed to armed civilians), people have been charged with brandishing their weapon when it was accidentally exposed in the manner described in the OP or for simply printing.

I think I'd have to hit that sheriff with a multi-trillion $ law suit armed with the definitions of "brandish" and "accident." Might get a couple of motorcycles out of the deal....

W1nds0rF0x

Snap, Crackle, Pop.
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 8, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    I'm sure you could lose it anywhere for brandishing, IF that's what you actually do. Being a fat ass and having my shirt ride up an inch too high when I throw crap under the basket is not brandishing and any gun grabbing 2nd amendment hating sheriff/DA that charges you with it fir such a reason needs to have his/her attitude adjusted.

hdsprstr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Welsh

thanks for the info, wasn't too sure what brandishing was

Snookie

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    May 24, 2009
    Lizzard Creek/ Springfield,La.
    Gat

Gat???
    WTF.jpg

Last edited:
    Top Bottom