got my springfield!! :D

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • irishredhead

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2010
    Slidell, La
    Just ordered my springfield XDm 9mm today!! and ive gotta say that i am insanely amped 2 get it! lol. its gonna be my first gun. and im definately glad i chose the one i did :D and i highly recommend anyone who is looking into purchasing another weapon, and wants a great price from great ppl. go 2 slidell arms! and dont forget 2 mention u r from bayoushooter! :) they will get u the best deal u can get.

irishredhead

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2010
    Slidell, La
    they'll be in on tuesday! :D so as soon as we get home we will definately put up pics of the new additions! after we stare at em for a few hrs of course. lol!

MyTFAL

"It's no big deal,...."
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Abita Springs
    Umm if they sold it to you they broke the law, if they sold it to someone else for you they broke the law. If you really like them maybe you shouldn't talk about it so much.....just saying.:eek3:

charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    Umm if they sold it to you they broke the law, if they sold it to someone else for you they broke the law. If you really like them maybe you shouldn't talk about it so much.....just saying.:eek3:

How so? If the BF is of age or a parent bought it for her as a gift, wouldn't that be legal? I thought you could own after 18 just not buy...

MyTFAL

"It's no big deal,...."
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Abita Springs
    Well .....I'm no expert, but I believe if they sell a gun to someone solely for the purpose of giving it to someone who can't legally purchase it, it becomes a straw purchase. I could be wrong......

charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    Well .....I'm no expert, but I believe if they sell a gun to someone solely for the purpose of giving it to someone who can't legally purchase it, it becomes a straw purchase. I could be wrong......

I always thought it was more specifically against the law if it was purchased for someone who couldn't pass the background check themselves.

irishredhead

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2010
    Slidell, La
    my bf bought it for me as a gift. :) and he's 23. so he is legal. and we read the laws beforehand and they do state u can own. just not buy at 18. so no worrries. but thanks for the concern :) i totally understand where ur coming from.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Congrats to the both of you!

(...and if it's illegal for someone who can legally possess a gun to possess one someone else purchased and gave to them as a gift, I think most of us would have been in deep $hit at one time in our lives!:rofl:)

Have fun, guys. You'll find lots of good advice from lots of good folks here.:)

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dpoirier63
    Top Bottom