Got my VP9

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • madppcs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2010
    Forest Hill
    So I was tossing up the Glock9mm and HK VP9, and decided on the VP9. I must admit, this is the most accurate pistol Ive ever shot. To be more specific, its the pistol Ive been able to shoot the most accurate. My XD45 is great, but I find myself muscling that pistol to fight the recoil. The VP9 just feels like a musical instrument in my hands. Im pretty impressed with it.

And the night sights are pretty slick

swamper

Curmudgeon in Training
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 30, 2008
    Pineville
    After 2:30 tomorrow afternoon would be fine. Might be checking out some circuits at one of the plants on Sunday. Not sure what time though.

madppcs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2010
    Forest Hill
    Ok, Ill see if we can hook up. Remember your still welcome to come shoot 1000yds at my place if you would like to. I remember you said you want to stretch that Rem700.

madppcs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2010
    Forest Hill
    Awesome. You gotta get out there and shoot! I been wearing mine around the house all day and its WAY lighter than my XD45.

madppcs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2010
    Forest Hill
    Well, I got to put alot more rounds through it this weekend with a fellow member. SHoots really well. Only issue I came across is that my thumb might be making contact with the slide catch when the last round is fired. This makes the slide not lock to the rear. So I will have to put my thumb in a different place. No big deal, I just gotta make it a habit now.

Now I need to decide on a laser/light combo. I like the viridian. The TLR combo is great, but its big. And of course the holster I choose will need to accommodate it

djdig

F@ck Me Right?
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jul 10, 2013
    Thibodaux, La
    I just put the two replacement springs in my VP9 from HKparts and it makes the already great trigger feel much better.... think it was like $15 worth of parts.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I just put the two replacement springs in my VP9 from HKparts and it makes the already great trigger feel much better.... think it was like $15 worth of parts.

That results in a lighter trigger pull with a weaker reset of the trigger.

djdig

F@ck Me Right?
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jul 10, 2013
    Thibodaux, La
    I tested my reset over and over again, and with the lymann it only took up maybe .25 in weight. Everything else felt fine, I put 400rds down range with after and everything felt great, used regular 115gr and some crit defense.

I think total I have about 1100 rounds through my vp9, all in all if it ever caused a problem its easy to swap springs back.

lawarren0351

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 29, 2012
    Lafayette
    Make sure you buy some extra mags NOW! I bought the LE package that comes with 3 and bought an extra. I heard they are not producing any more VP9s or VP9/P30 mags until fall 2016.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Make sure you buy some extra mags NOW! I bought the LE package that comes with 3 and bought an extra. I heard they are not producing any more VP9s or VP9/P30 mags until fall 2016.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do Not believe everything you hear.

Top Bottom