got pulled over

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

ed7232004

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    so today i got pulled over on i10. Informed the officer right away that i ve got 7rifles and one hangun in my car. Officer took out everything and checked to make sure if they were stolen or not.. He then told me it is illegal to have ammos and guns in the same location. He moved all my ammo from the trunk to front seat and removed my hangun mag from glove box to the trunk. He was a nice officer he then let me go and told me i could ve went to jail for having ammos in through same place as rifles. What do u think?is that truly the law or he was just trying to scare me?? Thanks

ed7232004

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    I got pulled over many times and none of the officer told me it is illegal. I understand if the rifles were loaded would be a problem but it wasn't even loaded..ammos were still in box. .besides my handgun of course. .my handgun is always loaded

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    I got pulled over many times and none of the officer told me it is illegal. I understand if the rifles were loaded would be a problem but it wasn't even loaded..ammos were still in box. .besides my handgun of course. .my handgun is always loaded

Why is the rifle being loaded being a problem?

ed7232004

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    I was going 75 on 60... Yes i have ccw. . To what i remember its ok to have loaded weapons in my car as long as its not plain view. I think the officer was just trying to scare me. .. But he was nice enough not to issue me a ticket. I d take credit for that. I didn't want to get into trouble that's y i was laying low and agree whatever he had to say bout the ammo. He told me :Louisiana law it is illegal to have ammo and rifle being store in the same place..yes he said Louisiana law....

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom