Got Your 6

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RyanW

Koch-head
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Has anyone ever heard of this. Just saw a commercial for it, and starting to go through the site. Seems legit, but they usually do regardless. I was suprised at how many celebs were on the commercial.

Reading the comments on YouTube doesn't seem to make things look to good.

Last edited:

Armnhammer

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 2, 2012
    Walker/Denham
    Aug 5, 2012↵
    willblackb4
    I now honestly think I know how black people feel when white people try to talk like gangstas. Hearing people who's toughest decision in life is which hundred thousand dollar car to drive today use my language is ****ing hilarious. Holy ****, this is... it's ****ing precious. It's like "hey, we're bros now, right?"

Lol

JCcypress

Gun Trust Lawyer
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Jun 9, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA
    From their website:

*Got Your 6″ is a campaign led by the entertainment industry that will help create a new conversation in America, one where veterans and military families are perceived as both leaders and civic assets.

Got Your 6 will inspire Americans to help bridge the civilian-military divide.

Got Your 6 will provide tools, platforms, and resources that Americans can use to feel more comfortable with military and veteran culture.

Got Your 6 will create opportunities for veterans and civilians to join together to reinvigorate our communities.

Got Your 6 will change the conversation in America, so that our returning veterans are not seen as liabilities, but as assets.

Got Your 6 will embody—for all Americans—the values of duty, selfless service, and mutual respect upheld by those that serve in our military.

I have never served our country in a military capacity. I have the utmost respect and appreciation for veterans and the sacrifices that they have made.

I find that the mission statement of this organization makes veterans sound like second class citizens who require some sort of affirmative action to help them fit in with society... "Liabilities"? "create opportunities for veterans and civilians to join together"? "feel more comfortable with military and veteran culture"?

Of course, most of faces I saw in the video are ultra-left wing celebritards, so maybe it's not targeted to those of us who actually care about the men and women who have served our country, but rather trying to get the left to start at least pretending like they give a damn. Alec Baldwin? really?

Here's my questions to vets: Do y'all feel like your actually treated inferior to other members of society based on your service? Do you generally feel unappreciated for your service? Or am I somehow missing the point here?

Top Bottom