Gotta show it off. Paint on the cobra.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BOSS351

CZech It Out
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    Prairieville
    SVT glad you brought it to Waynes shop. I've known him for some time now and you know how much he likes Fords!! Never had him do any work before--everything we brought to him ended up totalling (thanks fo HS age kids LOL). Guess you know about the Talladega he has--thats a fine car. Love the color you chose and also remember the Superformance color, yes a little lighter with black stripes on them. I like yours the way it is without the stripes..If its really clean, I'd leave it as is and you could add them later if you wished. Can't wait to see the finished product!! We must live pretty close to each other so one day we will have to hook up so I can see it in person!!

buttanic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    LaPlace, LA
    Way back in1964 I was friends with the Ford dealer in Norco. A 289 Cobra was making the rounds of Ford dealers.and he called me and let me take it for a drive.

SVTFreak

Huh?
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Galvez
    SVT glad you brought it to Waynes shop. I've known him for some time now and you know how much he likes Fords!! Never had him do any work before--everything we brought to him ended up totalling (thanks fo HS age kids LOL). Guess you know about the Talladega he has--thats a fine car. Love the color you chose and also remember the Superformance color, yes a little lighter with black stripes on them. I like yours the way it is without the stripes..If its really clean, I'd leave it as is and you could add them later if you wished. Can't wait to see the finished product!! We must live pretty close to each other so one day we will have to hook up so I can see it in person!!

I'm not far from lake Martin. Be in the shop Friday afternoon for a short time and through Thursday during day next week.

VeedUp

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Oct 15, 2007
    Destrehan, La.
    Sweet, the paint looks great, I dig the color, I would put some titanium stripes on it. I've looked at some of the FFR 33 roadsters in person before and they look very nice.

SVTFreak

Huh?
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Galvez
    Sweet, the paint looks great, I dig the color, I would put some titanium stripes on it. I've looked at some of the FFR 33 roadsters in person before and they look very nice.

A 33 will be next. Either FFR or rats glass speedstar.

I saw it in daylight today. A tad lighter than the pics, and takes on the hues of whatever color is reflecting off it but I am happy.

NOShooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2014
    New Orleans
    Does highway 44 do a fair amount of old iron? I have a 66 galaxie fastback that needs some quarters + some rear end wrinkles taken out and a fresh coat of paint. :-)

SVTFreak

Huh?
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Galvez
    Its a production shop like most but he may. He and his son love Fords. Won't hurt to ask at all.

He'll do it. He's doing his own old ford truck right now. May not be cheap but he will do it. (Ford products like that generally cost a little less lol!)

Outside photo. More light makes a lighter appearance. Takes on the hues of what's around it for sure.

Last edited:

glimmerman

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    CSA
    Way back in1964 I was friends with the Ford dealer in Norco. A 289 Cobra was making the rounds of Ford dealers.and he called me and let me take it for a drive.

And if you would have bought and kept it, you would be one happy man!

BOSS351

CZech It Out
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    Prairieville
    Wow, if any of you guys/girls are going to Cruisin the Coast and going to the auction, it looks as though my old Everett Morrison Cobra is going to be on the auction block!!! If ya'll are there, please tell me how much she goes for, if she does.....I miss that damn thing.

SVT that thing looks like GLASS!!!! Been busy as hell but will get with you soon I hope!!! Beautiful job!!

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jun 24, 2009
    Pineville/Alexandria
    Superformance Anniv color sample

This shows the biggest section that survived on the Superformance I mentioned earlier- color looked a little darker in person.

Attachments

• DSC00200.JPG
      DSC00200.JPG
      123.2 KB · Views: 102
    Top Bottom