Gougers or Horders?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Skiney

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Between the A & the T
    Old guys hanging around Academy waiting for the delivery truck to show up so they can each buy their limit. Then they go out to the parking lot and all pile into the same car. Yes, I've seen this.

old.guy.yelling.jpg

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    I fall into the "It's nunya damn business what I do with it" category, as well as the "If it's on the shelf for-sale and I want it, I'll buy it" category. I might shoot it this week. I might shoot it in 3 years. I might sell it if I prefer the money back.

'Merica.

+1
    It's called capitalism. Prices/need-want/income will determine profits/availability/supply available.

trigger643

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    Kingwood
    +1
    It's called capitalism. Prices/need-want/income will determine profits/availability/supply available.

+2. Supply vs demand in a free market economy.

I generally buy my ammo quarterly and in bulk. I reduced my trips to the range, the type of shooting I was doing based on the wolves and sheep that have been playing in the market for the last 7 months.

I'm not going to begrudge a guy making a profit, but I'm not hungry enough to pay what many are asking. Now that ammo is freeing up (I just paid $0.23/round for M882, for example), it will be with no small amount of smugness that I watch these hoarders, both the buyers and sellers, sink in their inventories as the tide comes in.

It still is a little annoying that the only reasonable .22 I can find in bulk is High Velocity. I did buy a few cartons of it on the off chance I can trade it to someone down the line for Standard Velocity. If not, there are my rifles that will eat it, but my .22 handguns for the most part can't.

gotabyte

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Slidell, LA
    I was in Cabelas last month and they had a good selection of all ammo including 10mm and 22lr. Many brands of 9mm and .45 cal in stock too.

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    I was in Cabela"s yesterday morning . Plenty of .40 cal . Some .45 , NO 9mm and the only .22 they had was $17.99 for a 50rd box of Remington Match .

rockmup

Please be my friend
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   0
    Apr 21, 2007
    City of Central
    Old guys hanging around Academy waiting for the delivery truck to show up so they can each buy their limit. Then they go out to the parking lot and all pile into the same car. Yes, I've seen this.

Ive also seen 4 of them going in when the doors open, come back out and tell another 4-5 cars something and they all jumped in their cars and took off down the road

jdessell

Womb-Raider
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    NOLA
    Ive also seen 4 of them going in when the doors open, come back out and tell another 4-5 cars something and they all jumped in their cars and took off down the road

Going to wipe out another location so they can go home and post it for sale on Louisianasportsman for a 300 percent mark-up.

tdawg

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 22, 2011
    I was at the N.O. gun show just a couple weeks ago an was surprised how many "non ammo" tables had 22 ammo.
    No other ammo, just 22LR at 3-4 times normal price.

Top Bottom