Grand Power P1 Ultra Mk12

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Suburbazine

01001000 01101001 0011111
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    20210225_191336.jpg

I just picked up a new carry gun. Seems to be a less common model, not many reviews (but those were positive). Finding one in the continental US was very difficult, in fact I could only locate one dealer (Double M Defense) with any available for purchase. The serial number looks like it might be really low too.

So let's get down to why I purchased it-

Ambidextrous controls
    9mm, double stack
    Rotating barrel
    6ixjEI.gif

Reportedly high reliability
    DA/SA
    Tool-less interchangeable grips

Right off the bat, there's only one thing I dislike about it, and will change ASAP. The sights are atrocious. Steel notch rear, Nerf fiber optic front. Anything but conducive to me lining up the sights. Fortunately, the sights are the same as a CZ 75. I'm leaning towards Truglo TFX Pro series, but if you know of a better or brighter sight that has a CZ 75 variant, let me know. Ease of acquisition is key because my vision isn't that great these days.

20210226_010533.jpg

I haven't shot it yet to know how well it handles, but hopefully this weekend. Not pictured on the gun is my preferred grip, the DEEP palm extension grip with dovetail shown in the top image.

20210226_010717.jpg20210226_010632.jpg20210226_010815.jpg

Last edited:

Suburbazine

01001000 01101001 0011111
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    How is the trigger? Is it muddy feeling with NO idea where it is in the take up?
    If I'm pulling D/A, it's got some heft to it and is not very determinate as to where the hammer drops (it's at the very end of a long 10lb pull). S/A is very light and extremely short pull, I know the hammer is dropping perfectly every time.

I'm probably going to sand down the bottom of the trigger because it's pointy and annoying for starting a D/A pull.

I put about 300 through it last weekend and it ran perfectly. My accuracy is still terrible but my follow up shots are way closer together with this gun. Recoil is similar to a .22... soft and low rise. More importantly, my hands don't hurt

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
    Top Bottom