great day at Barneys

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • blanepara9

just some dude
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    lafayette
    I bought a 38. special snub nose,id never shot one before,a few weeks ago i shot it for the first time and it was horrible!!! so for a few days I did some dry-fire exercises until i felt comfortable. Ive been shooting 1911 style pistols for years now and that was all ive known. well at Barneys I took my time and i was shooting to point of aim!! I cant believe i was missing out on revolvers all these years!!! the only bad thing is I couldnt shoot my 9mm, instead of grabbing my box of winchester white box, I grabbed a box of monarch steel cases,and the girl at the counter had a magnet that stuck to the box so i couldnt shoot it!!! Any way i shot about a 100 rounds of 38. into 2 targets and it put me in a damn good mood!!!

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    I know they're are picked on but my choice handgun is a little snub nosed .38 Taurus. I've shot the hubby's 9mm and .22. They're okay but I prefer revolvers over anything. The recoil is harder but after getting used to the bang, shooting anything smaller feels like a rip off. I'm itchy for a .357 now.

I guess it's in my blood. Dad deer hunts with a .375 H&H. :)

blanepara9

just some dude
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    lafayette
    The girl at the front desk just held them for me while I shot she didnt give a reason,but when I went to pay a guy gave them back to me,explaining that he would never shoot steel cased ammo,there dangerous to the gun becouse they dont expand like brass. But he made it out to sound as though it was a liability issue,saying guns will explode are whatever!!! Its cool I got to shoot and all,but i believe its about brass retrieval like LSP972 said.

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    Guns will explode ? OMG ! :eek: So far , I have used steel cased ammo in my AR and my 1911 with no problems . No kabooms , no broken extractors , and no dead kittens .

S

suerto

Barneys doesnt let you shoot steel cases or relaods.. they also freak out if they see you picking up brass. I live 2 miles away and do not go there.. They resell the brass and watched me like a hawk when I told them I was going to pick up MY brass that I bought..
    The only good deals are on the police issued used guns, they work with you on those prices.. I prefer sherburne, can pack a lunch, be outdoors, clean my guns when I am finished.. That's just me..

Lucky54

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Lafayette
    I prefer Sherburne also, went Sunday had the place mostly to ourselves went around 8:30 left around 10:30 only had a guy and his son show up the last 45 minutes. Nice and peaceful. That was on the pistol range the rifle range had a few vehicles though.

blanepara9

just some dude
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    lafayette
    I just google mapped sherburne its not that far from lafayette,im really gonna try and make it there this weekend,im tired of paying to shoot,i spend enouph on damn ammo anyway and im sure none of you guys mind if i shoot my steel cased ammo:)

grits

infidel
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Sep 22, 2006
    New Iberia
    The range in New Iberia and Franklin isn't that far from Lafayette either. Im going shoot my snubnose at one of them this week

gunz4me

Target Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 14, 2006
    Lafayette
    I just google mapped sherburne its not that far from lafayette,im really gonna try and make it there this weekend,im tired of paying to shoot,i spend enouph on damn ammo anyway and im sure none of you guys mind if i shoot my steel cased ammo:)

Just make sure you have a Fishing License, Hunting License, or Wild Louisiana stamp because you need one of those to set foot on the Wildlife Management Area. It is rare, but I have seen the Game Wardens out there issuing citations to those who had no wildlife stamps!

Gumbo

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Lafayette
    A word of caution, the A/C is out at Barney's so you really are better off shooting outdoors in the shade at the moment.

ABM

This is fargin' war
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    Lafayette
    Suerto have you been to Franklin/New Iberia range

Since you live close to me, I was wondering if you have had a chance to check them out. I will not go into Blarney's since they screwed me on a Taurus pistol. Their salesman persuaded me to buy a compact 45 which I returned unfired and unopened three days later for a 40 cal of the same make and price and the best they could do was 100 dollars off the price for the new one with trade. :mad:

artabr

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    New Iberia , Louisiana
    I quit shooting at Barneys years ago because Tim copped an attitude over brass with me.

I believe the Lafayette Sheriffs range is open to the public on Saturdays
    mornings.

Art

Top Bottom