Great Experience at 10-8 Tactical

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NOLASHOOTER

Jul 9, 2010
    New Orleans
    Dear BSers,
    I wanted to relay my good experience with 10-8 Tactical. I think places of business that give good service should be recognized. Yesterday, I went there and had a couple of issues with an AR lower that I had recently picked up. As soon as I walked in I was asked if I needed any help. I explained to the guy what I needed and he immediately began pulling the parts. I then asked if someone could possibly put them on and he said sure. I fully expected them to say to leave it there and come back but he took it into the back and Morey put on the parts immediately. I was so impressed that I ended up buying something from them that I was going to buy from the Internet. I like that there is someplace local for me to go if I need a hand or a part. They will get my business again. That is, as soon as I can get some more money.

Thanks,
    Ruben

NOLASHOOTER

Jul 9, 2010
    New Orleans
    Well, to put the spring and detent pin in the front takedown pin, the spring in the buffer detent, and remove the castle nut and do a couple of turns on the buffer tube because it was not on right, they charged $25. Could I have done this by buying the wrench to remove the castle nut myself, yes, but that would have involved spending money on the wrench and finding the time to do it. I was able to walk out of there in about 20 minutes and slap on my upper. I say either give them a call or go see them.

O_R_B_1

Shooter
    Jul 2, 2007
    New Orleans, La.
    Morey does great work on all types of firearms. He built a 1911 and an M-4gery for me from the ground up and did several mods to other 1911's I own. They all run like champs. Don't be upset if he tells you something like: "It's better if you buy this on-line." It's not that he's trying to be a jerk, but he's trying to save you MONEY! Great guy, great place! Almost all of my parts and firearm purchases are from there (Except maybe AK mags and bulk ammo from AIM. Sorry, Morey! :) )

tactical723

3 Gun / F Class Player
    Feb 16, 2008
    Northshore - Covington, LA
    He is located on Jefferson Hwy (just south of Elmwood) across from Smilies Restaurant. I have been buying all my guns and parts from him for years, keep in mind, when he has a lot of people at the counter, you may have to wait a while, best time to go is early in the am, between 10 and 11

robbynola

Feb 15, 2009
    New Orleans, LA
    He is located on Jefferson Hwy (just south of Elmwood) across from Smilies Restaurant. I have been buying all my guns and parts from him for years, keep in mind, when he has a lot of people at the counter, you may have to wait a while, best time to go is early in the am, between 10 and 11

Yeah, he does get slammed from time to time. If it's your first time in and the place is packed, make sure you go back during a slow time before you form an opinion. If you have a question on just about anything gun related, Morey knows the answer and will learn you something you didn't know when you went in.

Dave328

Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    Morey is good people and completely squared away! I bought my P2kSK from him and don't plan on buying any new gun in the future from anybody but him. My 870 is there now getting fitted with Triji/Scattergun ghost rings as we speak! :boink:

SpeedRacer

Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    He was the only guy I liked at Shooter's Club. I've only made it to 10-8 a couple times but was very impressed. Great guy, great shop and great employees.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    They give you better advice and help compared to another gun store where i askedfor thier opinion between guns.

Nick M

Dec 13, 2011
    Metairie
    get ready to go somewhere else morey will no longer be doing any gunsmithing out of 10-8. my encounter with their staff was great with the exception of one member. was told when buying from them that the will will preform all work for free. well a month later and this same guy just keeps pushing it off until he finaly told me to not even worry about coming in until after the first of the year. with that being said they have already stopped taking most outside weapons, and have told me that they will not be doing it anymore what so ever.

first time i went in, was greeted and helped for about an hour. the staff looked up pricing, parts, and answered any questions i had. second time i went in a different staff member just didnt want to even deal with me let alone help me get my parts installed.

so all in all i had a 50/50.

now im having to take my rifle towards B.A. or Carencro for any gunsmithing needs.

Jester

I thought it was funny...
    Aug 10, 2011
    New Orleans Area
    Retail is a tough business.
    My experience with them has been mixed, but I never came away thinking the people were jerks or not customer friendy... I just felt like I "wasn't in the club".

I don't hate them, and frankly they are one of the best in new orleans, but being in specialty-retail myself, my expectations are high.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    joquinn1234567
    Top Bottom