Great Service from Cajun Gun Works

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rhandhali

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    New Orleans
    I finally decided to get my CZ85 a proper trigger job and ended up going with Dave over at Cajun Gun Works. I shoot USPSA production occasionally so I ended up going with the Kit 3 to keep my gun production legal and left the set screw out of the front trigger and the firing pin block in. Even with the firing pin block in the trigger is hands down the nicest trigger I've felt on a pistol, the reset is down to 2 mm, the DA pull is somewhere around 5lbs and the SA pull is around 2lbs and clean. He also installed a couple of other factory parts for me like the extended magazine release. The new trigger is almost like a video game, click mouse/push button, gun shoots.

If you have a CZ series pistol I'd highly recommend giving them a call and sending it in, I couldn't be happier with the work he's done. The turnaround time spot on for his estimate, about 5 weeks, which was surprising since I sent my gun in a couple of weeks before Christmas. I haven't had a chance to take it to a match yet but it's been a joy to shoot at the range.

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Agreed. Both of CZ's that I own have been filled with parts from Cajun Gun Works. Dave Smecky is a great person to deal with. I use one for Production Division and the other for L10.

Dave

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rhandhali

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    New Orleans
    Agreed. Both of CZ's that I own have been filled with parts from Cajun Gun Works. Dave Smecky is a great person to deal with. I use one for Production Division and the other for L10.

Dave

Yeah, I should have mentioned that customer service was very good. We spoke on the phone multiple times and he kept me up to date on where my firearm was in the process. My only real instructions to him were "Kit 3, include but do not install set screw for reach reduction, add extended mag release" and "make this the best possible production gun it can be". 110% satisfied.

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Any problems I've ever had with doing any work on a CZ Dave has helped with. I don't know how they get any work done. I swear I think he was eating lunch one time and stopped to help me. On various USPSA aimed forums he praises have been sung.

Dave

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I'm sure he could. But why? Just remove the DA part yourself. There's no gunsmithing.

Dave
    sent from Nokia 920

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I have two CZ's currently. A CZ 75 B SA and a SP01 Tactical. Their are differences. But the main difference that makes one DA/SA and the other SA all the time is the disconnector attached to the hammer. It's part number 17 as it turns out on the parts diagram at the Cajun Gun Works website. But removing it won't make the SA pull any better or worse. That's something different. I suspect that the SA pull on your pistol is already pretty darn good.

The most difficult part about working on the SP01 action versus the CZ75B is the sear cage. In the 75 the sear cage with all its little parts can be pulled out separately. In the 01 the pin you have to remove to get to the trigger also retains four little parts with three little springs. It can be very challenging to get back together. I've had mine apart maybe 15 times. It always sucks to put back together. But when I was fitting all the production parts for competition it had to come apart. Again and again.

Dave

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    I could probably get the smiths at work to help me out with it. Ill have to order some parts when we get set up with CZ Custom Shop.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    djrara323
    Top Bottom