Gretna Gun Works

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bam1131

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 5, 2012
    New Orleans
    Do not use Gretna Gun Works!!!

I went to get sights on my g23 installed, because I do not have a rear sight pusher tool. When I went to pick it up the first time, the front sight was crooked and not seated flush on the side. They told me that they would fix it and I could pick it up tomorrow. The guy seemed very apologetic.

When I came back the second time, the front sight was loose and still not seated correctly! How could their "gunsmith" screw up something so simple as sight installation, and let it walk out that way?!

When the same guy as the previous day handed it to his "gunsmith"(I use that term lightly)to fix it for the third time, I politely asked for my money back. The worker went ballistic. He raised his voice trying to tell me that there was value in the work done and that I shouldn't be asking for my money back. I told him there was more value in my time,the 40+ miles I had to travel one way just to get there and my front sight combined. He slammed my money back on the counter and told me "Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out." I told him that he could have handled it civilly but instead he acted like an ass. I left with my money and my gun(sight still not fixed). {He has my home address and info, I hope there is no type of retaliation}

Thankfully Jefferson Gun fixed Gretna "Crapworks" f-up, for free! They also fixed it right there on the spot. No waiting, no having to come back twice. The guys over at Jefferson Gun are great.

I've talked to a couple of gun store owners that I know from out of state and they said they would've handled it differently if it was their store. They would have corrected the mistake at no cost, and give me my money back.

I'm a very reasonable guy. I just don't believe that something that is as important as a gun, should be allowed to leave a "gunsmith" with shoddy work. I hope that the person who owns this place sees this and makes the necessary changes in his/her store. It was empty every time I have been there and this could be the reason. I wanted to support a local business that may be taking a hit from large websites, and I got burned. I won't get my time back, but I certainly got my money back, and I deserved it.

In closing, If you value your gun and accessories, STAY AWAY FROM GRETNA GUN. Not only will they screw it up multiple times, but you will get in an altercation when you want them to make it right. Save yourself the time and money.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    I can't even fathom messing up a Glock sight installation. If they can screw that up, I can only imagine what they would do with real gunsmith work.

1911Dave

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Mandeville
    That sucks to hear. Good to hear the guys at Jefferson Gun took care of you. Most of the guys there have been great to deal with.

NOLASHOOTER

Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Jul 9, 2010
    New Orleans
    I did not even get as far as you did. I needed some sights put on my G19 and when I called over there the man was so short with me that I did not even consider going there. And, they wanted $50 to do it. I then went to Jefferson Gun and I was exchanging some parts and they did the sights while I looked for what I needed and he was not going to charge me but since the new parts were cheaper he said what about $5 so he kept the change from the exchange and I was happy to give it to him.
    First, if you are that rude on the phone then there is no way I would even consider coming to your place. Second, $50 to put on sights is crazy. And, they probably would have screwed it up. It will be a cold day in hell before I make my way to Grtna. Unless the are having a going out of business sale with everything 70% off then maybe.

Top Bottom