Grip tape for Glocks

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bayougump

I'm not a smart man
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 23, 2013
    Ponchatoula
    I am looking for some recommendations/opinions on grip tape for a Glock 26,17,19, & 34. I have read reviews that Talon grips are good. Thanks in advance for any comments you can post. Much appreciation.

Gump

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Go to any skate shop and buy a roll of deck tape. Usually between free and $5. One sheet will do over a dozen handguns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    The sandpaper grips will tear up a shirt. I had it on my duty gun and it put holes in my uniform shirts. Probably wouldn't be that comfortable if you carried IWB. There was also the same grips but with a rubbery material that worked good and didn't tear up clothing.

MOTOR51

alpharic

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jun 5, 2013
    Baton Rouge
    I have used Talon Grips and they were nice and worked great. They are cut for the shape of the gun.

I personnally use rubber talons on my 26 and had it on my 34. But replaced with skateboarding tape. They are great and the fit is awesome and even better if you use a blowdryer to heat it into place once you place it. With 4 glocks, you should get like $4 off each grip for ordering 4 grips at once.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    The sandpaper grips will tear up a shirt. I had it on my duty gun and it put holes in my uniform shirts. Probably wouldn't be that comfortable if you carried IWB. There was also the same grips but with a rubbery material that worked good and didn't tear up clothing.

MOTOR51

Very true. I was under the assumption the OP was asking in regards to a gamer gun, for which it's fine. For carry it sucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    A silicon carbide treatment is definitely the best option. I don't know about Glockworx, but the companies that I'm familiar with offer a wide variety of grits for a wide variety of hands.

I'd consider stippling as well, though in my experience, it's not quite as effective as the aforementioned option (or even skate tape) with sweaty/oily palms.

There's anti-skid tape designed for stairs and metal surfaces that often get slippery, which is notably more aggressive but less "abrasive" as skate tape. I've never used it personally, but I'd assume it's better for a carry gun than skate tape-- in terms of marking up your clothing. I've shot guns so fitted, and it's my very favorite stick-on option to date.

Then again... My hands are covered in calluses already, so it might not work for everyone.

bayougump

I'm not a smart man
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 23, 2013
    Ponchatoula
    A silicon carbide treatment is definitely the best option. I don't know about Glockworx, but the companies that I'm familiar with offer a wide variety of grits for a wide variety of hands.

I'd consider stippling as well, though in my experience, it's not quite as effective as the aforementioned option (or even skate tape) with sweaty/oily palms.

There's anti-skid tape designed for stairs and metal surfaces that often get slippery, which is notably more aggressive but less "abrasive" as skate tape. I've never used it personally, but I'd assume it's better for a carry gun than skate tape-- in terms of marking up your clothing. I've shot guns so fitted, and it's my very favorite stick-on option to date.

Then again... My hands are covered in calluses already, so it might not work for everyone.

Thanks man, stippling the 34 is the plan but until then I was looking for options, I believe I am going to look into some skateboard tape to do the job for a couple of weeks until my buddy's tools to stipple come in. With the heat lately in the matches we've been at, the need for more grippage is clear. Thanks again buddy

Top Bottom